HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best album this year!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darksoul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 6:18 am    Post subject: Best album this year! Reply with quote

I recently purchased Sinner's latest album The End of Sanctuary and it rocks .Maiden and Dio have made a comeback of late so its been a good year for traditional/prog metal bands.Any others I should know about please tell!!!
slayer man 666

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 6:28 am    Post subject: Best album this year! Reply with quote

the new pantera rules so does the new motley crue ac/dc and maiden the black sabbath tribute is also good alice cooper's new cd is cool too
zombie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 8:06 am    Post subject: Best album this year! Reply with quote

Soilworks rocks. Or you might try 'spirital Beggers'. I'm not sure that I would count the Dio as a 'best of the year', maybe it's just me, but it is not a great CD. I guess I need to play it a bunch more so it will grow on me?!?.
DemonlyWizard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 8:25 am    Post subject: Best album this year! Reply with quote

Brave New World is my favorite album that has been released this year, with Demons & Wizards a close second. Magica is also an awesome disc.....It has been a good year for metal!
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 9:42 am    Post subject: Best album this year! Reply with quote

1. BLAZE: SILICON MESSIAH - Pure traditional Birmingham style metal with a touch of Voivod,Warning era Queensryche, Wiped Out era Raven and Stained Class era Priest.

Brings back the nostalgia of early 80's metal when you could count the greats on just your fingers (Sabbath, Purple, Maiden, Priest, Accept etc).
Z ROCK III

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 5:41 am    Post subject: Best album this year! Reply with quote

i am not saying it is "the best of the year" but i would recommend you give SEVENDUST a listen if you haven't....just my opinion.
Z
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 9:15 am    Post subject: Best album this year! Reply with quote

Hard to pin it down to one album but I've got to give it to......

Armored Saint - REVELATION

Other GREAT CD's this year so far -

Iron Maiden - BRAVE NEW WORLD
Galactic Cowboys - LET IT GO

(Looks like Demons and Wizards came out LAST YEAR! The date on the CD is 1999.)
DemonlyWizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 9:43 am    Post subject: Best album this year! Reply with quote

I remember it well...D&W came out February 8, 2000 in the southeasteastern US. I don't know about the rest of the world.
Wasted

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 10:03 am    Post subject: Best album this year! Reply with quote

Angel Dust "Enlighten the Darkness"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: