HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metallica, screw you!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metal1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2000 9:32 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

Gotta make some points here...

DeathtoFalseMetal: I just made the string name so people would look. If you remember the "Hey Martin..." string, I meant nothing by it.

Here's what I love about this whole thing. When CD's first came out, the price was around $15, give or take. Fine, considering it would cost a lot of money to burn the CD...crappy technology. It's 2000 now, and the price of a CD has pretty much stayed the same, $13-$15 buck a shot. Here's the problem...do you realize how cheap it costs to burn a CD today? Next to nothing! How do you think AOL sends out millions of CD's in the mail? Unless the industry creates much more advanced packaging, possibly enchanced CD, who knows...the prices are unacceptable.

Another point, a REALLY good band recieves maybe a buck per CD sale, so, labels make a huge chunk of the profits. This is the whole point behind Napster (and about 20 other sites that are still up and running, haha). People are tired of the music industry screwing us. They've been living large for many years, things are beginning to change. The small musician, and the honest one, will see the great opportunity of the concept behind Napster. Its about letting people hear your music. Major bands make most of their revenue through touring anyway. It sound a bit like politics, but I wouldn;t be a bit suprised to find some high ups in the music industry paying Lars and others to carry their flag for them.

Of course, thats just my opinion, I could be wrong
muskie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2000 10:07 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

Well I have to agree with the people who think the man is screwing us cause he is. If cd prices were down an acceptable level you wouldn't see a whole lot of people burning their own cd's. I like the liner notes and pictures, it gives you a little more insite into what the artist is all about. Yes when cd's first hit the market(80's)they were 20 bucks here(Canada) and that wasn't in a mall. Now what does it cost to make a cd with liner notes? 1 dollar? I can buy blanks for about 80 cents a piece. If I can get them that cheap what does the record companies pay with their high volume sales? maybe 1 cent a piece? The record companies say that the reason they charge what they do is because of research and development. Ya that development of their freekin' mansions and island condo's. Believe it or not I read on the riaa(whatever)web site that they figure we should be paying MORE for cd's, to the tune of 30 bucks a piece!!!! Check it out yourself go to the web site.
You can get new releases for 13 bucks now but any classic cd is still 19.99. I would rather download my music from the artist directly and give them 5 bucks instead of the dollar they get from the record companies.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: