HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metallica, screw you!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lockfist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 3:53 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

Actually ed, I dont think it was. They dont sound the same, look the same, act the same, talk the same, play the same...

I always say if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck its a duck. The same theory works in reverse.

Does Lars have a goatee now ? You know the evil alter-ego always has a goatee. I think they proved that on South Park one time.
Nivek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. .

Last edited by Nivek on Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
dogfacedgod

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 6:04 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

Guys and Gals i'm so sick of this crap.I will always love Metallica regardless of Lars's fued.F**K it!!
Coda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 8:55 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

Does anyone on Metallica & the music indsutries lawyer teams realize that alot of trading of "Copyrighted" material is perfectly legal. How many people would download copies of songs they already owned or whatnot for mix tapes or whatever you know? And all this bullsh*t about people not paying for albums and just burnign everything onto cd. That ain't THAT popular. I know alot of people into music and none of them, even the people with napster and the internet and cd-burners, none of them ever burn cd's from the net.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2000 1:55 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

Yeah i think Napster is just going to have to start charging, and work out some kind of agreement that way.

It's not so strange that only the big bands(popular ones) are sueing napster. after all i doubt smaller bands have the money. who knows maybe if Iced Earth sold more than 30000 cds they would have the time and money for a lawsuit.

I wouldn't think this would be such a big deal, but if the future of music is in mp3s then musicians definitely need a means to make money from them.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2000 4:41 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

I don't get the complaining about cd prices. Cd's are considered a luxury. I guess I missed that part in the constitution. And since cd went up a massive 3 dollars in 10yrs.(hey wait didnt minimum wage go up and hey aren't most of the consumers who purchase cd's in that category) I say lets boycott the $5 dollar stale concert beer.(and the Old woman in the booth who always goes "Hey you know your wearing an earring sonny."
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2000 5:43 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

Fatal:

The reason people complain about cd prices is that when cds first came out, vinyl cost like 8 or 9 bucks. Cds were 15 or so. Why were they more? The industry said it was because production costs were so much higher than vinyl. Don't worry, they told us, prices will drop in the future as cds become cheaper to make. Well, guess what, cds ARE cheaper to make. In fact, they are cheaper to make than vinyl ever was. So where is that great price break we were promised? Why do many cds have a list price of $18 or $19 (yeah, yeah, no one pays that unless you go to the mall, etc.). The reason is that the industry is raking in our cash in the form of these inflated prices. The money's not going to artists. It's going to corporate shareholders.

And what does any of this have to do with the topic "Metallica, screw you." I don't know.

All I do know is that every time I look at a picture of Lars I crack up, because he has become everything he hated as a kid and still has no f.ucking clue about it. It would be so cool if Metallica had a Fugazi-like mentality and forced labels to keep their cd prices low; forced concert promoters to keep prices down. But then, I don't think anyone in Fugazi drives a Ferrari. I also don't think anyone in Fugazi is a money-hungry egomaniac.

(disclaimer: I have no animosity towards Lars. Let him do what he wants. I can think he's a joke. He could buy and sell me 10 times over. Whatever.)

p.s. If you're thinking "Who's Fugazi?," run out now and buy the brilliant "Repeater" album. It's cheap, too.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2000 7:33 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

Yes, I know who Fugazi is I've seen the T-shirts. I guess this goes to show anything bright and shiny just cost more. And I think alot of the cost has to do with the fact they are virtually indestructable(in a practical sense)
SublimeSerpent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2000 8:42 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

And on the other hand...You have different fingers...

[This message has been edited by SublimeSerpent (edited 07-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SublimeSerpent (edited 07-28-2000).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: