HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metallica, screw you!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metal1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2000 10:18 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

Coming from a band that got their following by encouraging making bootlegs of their first album, this Napster thing is totally embarassing. Folks, its time to boycott Metallica, plain and simple. They havent had a good album in 5 years anyway, their a complete sell-out, and to top it of, now their a mouthpiece for the music industry. Music needs a revolution, it should start by us showing Metallica how we feel...by ignoring them.
Lockfist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2000 10:19 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

Please see Nitros topic "Who Cares"
SublimeSerpent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2000 10:42 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

You obviously have no idea how important this decision was!!!
Before you read the who cares thread(funny Lockfist)please read my post on the Lars...I hope you're happy thread!

[This message has been edited by SublimeSerpent (edited 07-26-2000).]
DAN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 7:54 am    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

Oh I see, so you agree with the RIAA raping the consumers on cd prices to all their hearts content. If they went by their promise lowering prices on these things years ago, we probably would have no problem with MR GREED Ulrich! Give me a break, their getting near twenty bucks a disc here and that's O.K?!! The reason why they went back on their promise of a price cut is because they got used of people paying these ridiculous prices! It's all about money and not the consumer anymore. Ticket prices, T-shirts, etc.. Release and re- release the same discs over and over again but with xtracks this time. Great I will just buy another 20 dollar copy for the creeps at the RIAA. You just don't seem to see the real problem do ya? Take the money and go! They are still making money with or without Napster because I bought stuff because of Napster! So go back to your money made bed with Lars and think of another way to screw the public again. Over and out.
SublimeSerpent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 8:25 am    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

You obviously have never created an intellectual property before.The people I usually talk to about this topic seem to fall in to two different categories.1)Creative-Against Napster or 2)Non-Creative-For Napster.Quit worrying about the consumer and worry about the musicians.
Why are you so pissed?What did you do before Napster existed?
What's wrong with there being a company that allows you to download a few songs for free or a small fee?You could find out if you like a band that way,right.
Create something...then your opinion will mean more than two shhits to me!

OH YEAH:I usually pay 12-15 dollars for CDs.If you're paying 20 maybe you should go somewhere other than the mall!
[This message has been edited by SublimeSerpent (edited 07-27-2000).]

Brian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 9:50 am    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

so, how do you account for all of the artists (creative types) who are all for Napster?? There are many of them.

Hell, the only ones I've seen speak out against it are Metallifags, SHeryl Crow, Dr. Dre, Eminem and Elton John. Ha, nice company you keep Lars!!

I guess all of the other musical artists out there aren't creative like Lars and his Jaymesypoo are.

Give me a break.
DAN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 10:35 am    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

You have to wonder why that guy keeps editing his posts. Probably has it framed on his wall! Why do I care about the consumer?? Because I am a consumer! I'm also a musician and there is nothing wrong copying for personal use. Napster is appealing and god I hope they succeed! You want to buy my next disc, than by all means.. 15 bucks is still too damn expensive. Not everybody has money to throw around like you. Out
nitro4040

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 10:56 am    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

Not to brag, but I told you so...!!! but seriously, Napster the product is great, tho, I have never used it, but when giving away things that are not supposed to be free, or allowing it to happen, I knew they would not win. Intellecual property. I am all for it if bands want to release certain songs for free, or if they get royalties off of the downloads.. hell charge $5 a month or something to make it legal. True, Metallica is a bit hypocritical on the issue, and hell, they have made more money then they ever imagined..
edis0n

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 3:31 pm    Post subject: Metallica, screw you! Reply with quote

My favorite all time Metal quote :
" Fu*k MTV we'll never make a video" Lars Ulrich (1986)

This could not be the same band I saw on Mtv's "making the video" last week, could it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: