HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording CD's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 12:00 am    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the info so, I guess I will try a CD-R next and see what happens. Computers.....sometimes
edis0n

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 12:05 am    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

I went through the same thing when I first got my burner. I am a seasoned veteran now, so if you got any questions just ask.

Bill_amcns

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 12:27 am    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

edis0n, This is just one of many. I guess the newer players recognize cd-rw. I actually bunred a cd-rw for a freind, because I was out of cd-r's and brought it to his house and played it. This was about 9 months ago, and at the time I didnt realise that most players wouldnt have recognized it.

Pioneer 301-disc CD Changer
Our Price: $269.99
List Price: $375.00
You Save: $105.01
Availability: Usually Ships in 24-48 Hours
Mfg part#: PDF1039

This is the perfect changer for you if you play CD-R or CD-RW discs because it will recognize and play these, sometimes problematic, discs. The PDF1039 also has the ability to allow CD text titling via computer keyboard.
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 10:32 am    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

Get the MusicMatch jukebox software for your computer, it's great for downloading CD's into the computer, and then creating playlists to burn to CD. (I think it's [url=http://www.musicmatch.com]www.musicmatch.com[/url] - and the basic version is free)
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 6:53 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

OK, I'm really good at handling mp3's and wavs, but I do have another problem. How do you convert a cda file (a CD track) to a wav file? I can do it, but it takes a long time, I basically have to record the song to my hard drive. Is there a quicker way? I can convert an mp3 to a wav in less than a minute. Help!
Bill_amcns

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 7:04 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

there are a few different ways, but the easyest is to use MusicMatch Jukebox and open the recorder, click the box next to the tracks you want to record, and go.....

Have to make sure the setting are set to record mp3's and at the desired bit rate.

And if you use Sony CD Extreme to burn, it eliminates the conver to wav step. you just drag the mp3's to the track list and click on record. It does the conversion and burn in one step.
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 11:21 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

If after trying all the above your dics still dont play on the home player or the car, it is not a software problem. Your problem is with the media. You need to experiment and find which cdrs work best with your equipment. All cdrs are not compatible with all home/car players. I have never had a problem with the discs I buy from cdrecordable.com. I have had tons of problems with Maxell discs, which in my expreience have high failure rates, high incompatability rates, and just don't sound as good. Another benefit of cdrecordable.com is that they make all their own discs. Most of the big companies buy from various sources, so what works today may not work if you buy from a different batch.
Paul G

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 8:54 am    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone for the advice, yes it was the CD-R thing, i'm burning my little brains out over this weekend. The comps are a flying out.
Batman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 12:33 pm    Post subject: Recording CD's Reply with quote

Almost 2 years ago I bought the greatest piece of home audio equipment ever, A Philips Audio cd recorder. It is foolproof, unlike the computer cd burners. I've never had any problems with it. Just recently I bought a CDRW to record (up to that point I only used cdr's) They play just fine in my Sony 300 disc player, but they don't even register in my truck's cd player. I don't really see the point of cdrw's for audio recording, CDR's are so cheap that if you do mess up on one, just chunk it and start over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: