HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question of DEATH Metal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edis0n

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 4:54 am    Post subject: Question of DEATH Metal Reply with quote

I was reading a interview with Slayer's Kerry King, and they asked him what he thought of some of the newer bands like Emperor (I forget the others), and if he thinks they are more brutal than Slayer. His reply was yes, " some guys from some of those bands have burned down churches and even killed people, that's crazy s***" . Is this serious? I have heard mentions of swedish death metal wars, is this connected? Are they true?
MetalLurch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 5:17 am    Post subject: Question of DEATH Metal Reply with quote

Pretty scary if it is true! But then, I once heard the Slayer guys supposedly did some sort of ritual or whatever the heck it was where a pick shot straight up and embedded in a ceiling. I would like to see a news story on that Swedish stuff before believing it's true!
zombie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 7:41 am    Post subject: Question of DEATH Metal Reply with quote

Slayer is not even close to being a satanic band. If you are interested in the roots of
black metal and the whole church buring story, go get the book "lords of Chaos" by Michael Moynihan and Didrik Soderlind. It is a good book about the rise of Satanic metal, not devil worship, more about the
religious beleives of the first black metal bands. Slayer,venom,cloven hoof were just hanging on the image of this. Burzum,Mayhem,
and their band members are the topic. And yes they did burn churchs and kill. It has alot about the Nordic history and religion, which predate christianity, and how these play into the rise of Black metal.
Raider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 7:46 am    Post subject: Question of DEATH Metal Reply with quote

Well, Emperor is really black metal

But yes, some of that did happen. I think only one of the members of Emperor was involved, Samoth. He has since said he disagrees with the whole practice.

Two of the primary leaders of that are no longer in a position to be doing that stuff anymore. Euronymous, of the black metal band Mayhem, was murdered by Varg Vikernes, of Burzum, one of the other primary leaders. He's in jail for quite a while.

Oh, and Emperor's original drummer is in jail, too, for killing a gay guy that tried to hit on him. But I guess that's unrelated.
Depp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 1:59 pm    Post subject: Question of DEATH Metal Reply with quote

Entombed was threatened by these norwegian black metal bands for not playing true death metal. They just laughed at them. Same thing happened to many other swedish bands. These guys just are some pathetic loosers.
When you get the **** kicked out of you everyday at school something can break...
brianscriv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 2:33 pm    Post subject: Question of DEATH Metal Reply with quote

Speaking of Emporer...here's some irony for you: Emporer's drummer murdered a homosexual. Rob Halford has publically stated he's a huge Emporer fan. BTW, I like black metal, but the classical, symphonic side to it, such as Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth and Old Man's Child.
Lockfist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 3:28 pm    Post subject: Question of DEATH Metal Reply with quote

Metalfilm, did you just say that Slayer coined the term "cookie monster vocals" ? I always wondered who thought that up, its funny as hell and as much as I hate to admit it, its so true.
Motorola

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 4:37 pm    Post subject: Question of DEATH Metal Reply with quote

The morons that burn down churches, kill homosexuals, etc. are such pathetic losers (loser=förlorare, looser=lösare, Depp) that I'm amazed I actually bother to write about them. They give metal a bad name. How old are they anyway, 18? Spotty kids with too much free time on their hands...
edis0n

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 6:09 pm    Post subject: Question of DEATH Metal Reply with quote

Thanks for the info everyone. Some real loonies in this world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: