HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 7:08 pm    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

Pearl Jam takes the unprecedented move (No kidding) of releasing 25 live double Cd's covering each!! show on their European Tour.

a) great for diehards who must own everything
b) bootleg killer
c) expensive (HMV offers all 25 for $460CDN)

I wonder if anyone else will follow suit...granted PJ's set list changes show to show which adds variety to the material instead of most acts who play the same set night after night after night despite pleas from fans (are you listening Maiden/KISS/Ac-DC).
Metal1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 8:27 pm    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

Yay.
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 8:47 pm    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

UGH!
MartinPopoffSucks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 9:52 pm    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 6:01 am    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

A novel concept. No doubt, it's easier to do now that CD burning technology is so cheap. I can't think of any band who I'd want to have 25 live albums of from the SAME TOUR. And I thought Metallica's Live Sh*t box set, which contained 3 full live sets (2 from the same tour) was reaching for overkill....
Paul G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 6:36 pm    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

2 per week being released in the stores starting today, I think HMV will offer the entire lot for the first week, then fall back to the regular release schedule. I'm really looking forward to the new Radiohead "KID A" title refers to the first cloned human, listened to a bit of it already, like OK COmputer it requires the listener to pay attention preferably on a decent set of headphones, very cool band in my opinion.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 10:07 pm    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

Not a big PJ fan (although Black was very cool to listen to on the way to University back in 1991)but I picked up the 15 6 00 Poland show and its quite good. The singer sounds like Ronnie Dio when he talks to the audience towards the end of track 8 (Small Town?). The crowd knows the songs (imagine Maiden just the firts chords to 2 Minutes are played) and is into the tunes. The 2cd is good for headphone music while at work while solving various problems. Probably will ignore the other 24 releases though.

Now back to the Silcon Messiah or perhaps Ayreon.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 10:08 pm    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

Man I'm tired. Too many spelling etc errors on my last post. Back to METAL and prefect speling!
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 11:52 pm    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

Nice one. Is it available in stores or only through their website?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: