HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 5:40 am    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

I don't know Midnight but I'm still on the fence with "Silicon Messiah", there is some great stuff on it but don't you find Blaze's vocals to be a little overdramatic and odd sounding in places, I'll give it a few more spins but with the volume of quality stuff out there this year it's falling behind the pack.

DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 10:43 am    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

It would not make sense for a metal band to do this. Why? Because for some reason metal bands insist on doing the same ****ing set every night of the tour. By way of comparison, Pearl Jam have over 80 songs that could come out on any given night. They never do the same set twice; same for Phish, Dave Matthews and Springsteen. Iron Maiden, on the other hand, have a huge and brilliant catalog, but did the same damn songs every night. 25 live discs of the "Brave New World" tour would be a bit redundant. 25 Pearl Jam live discs are all different.

I once asked a guy in a decent sized metal band why they did the same exact set every night, and his answer was something muddled about the lighting guy but boiled down to "bcause that's what everyone does." I think it's lame.

Is anyone aware of a touring metal band that does different sets every night??
Paul G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 10:55 am    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

DTFM: I'm trying really hard to remember or think of one and I can't. Some bands like AC-DC or Maiden have catalogs that are so deep in great songs that they can easily pick 40-50 tracks. KISS is the perfect example of a band that never deviates from their set list and that's a shame since the diehards will go to multiple shows (like Phish/Deadhead fans). Euro fans griped about the Maiden set list from the first show of the Brave New World tour and did they listen - NO. Then again who are we? just the fans right.
MetalLurch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 3:46 pm    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

Do any of the bands that ask the fans what songs they want to hear ever mix up the list?
Paul G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 5:19 pm    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

Well I'm listening to show #18 - from June 19/00 - Hala Tivoli - Ljubljana Slovenia - The sound is superb, the performance is great, live this band is very solid.

Metalfilm I know you're a big fan of PJ so snap up one or two of these things, the store I went to had 13 shows and yes the setlists vary considerably, makes it very tough to pick so I gave up and pointed to one at random.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 9:07 pm    Post subject: Pearl Jam - LIVE Albums!!!! Reply with quote

Yeah. For me SM is the BEST METAL album of 2000. Clayman, BNW, Magica etc all pale in comparison. Now I prefer the traditional British stuff as opposed to the USA sound of Pantera etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: