HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Disappointments...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warpig

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 7:00 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Okay 80's, let put this into perspective. Seeing now that you have such a love for our Italian, German, Polish,Chinese,French,Hungarian,Spanish,Japanese,Russian,Australian,We lsh,Korean,Philipino,Brazilian,Venutian,African,Irish-American'spopula tion, and you have a daughter.

You and your daughter are heading to the mall. As the two of you are walking across the parking lot a gang of Italian, German, Polish,Chinese,French,Hungarian,Spanish,Japanese,Russian,Australian,We lsh,Korean,Philipino,Brazilian,Venutian,African,Irish-American's pop out of nowhere and start to push the two of you around. The gang then starts to gang rape your daughter and what do you do? Well let's take a look at the options:

1 [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] get your ass kicked trying to stop them

2.) run like a coward

3.) get your rear plugged in the process

Now had you had a respect for weapons and respect for our Constitution, you very well could be packing a concealed weapon. In this case you could protect yourself and your family but apparently you would rather be a coward. Had you been packing, the situation would never have gotten this far but now you're F**ked, for lack of a better term. Now you might say, "that would never happen to me" but then that would be hypocritical of you to say seeing as how you boast how much crime we have in out country. Having a gun in your hand doesn't make you a raging lunatic. You don't hold it in your hand and it just starts going off, the person holding it does have control over it. TOTAL CONTROL.

And as always, the simple solution for anyone who doesn't like the good ol' U S of A...GET THE **** OUT! GO HOME, WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Scorchin (edited 09-28-2000).]

Ripperjack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 7:01 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Thats the point Depp - our freedom in the US is slowly being chipped away at - which is why the populace needs to be able to armed - in case the government decides to go all out and rip all our freedoms away - ever see "Escape from New York" or "1984"??? THATS WHAT ITS BECOMING!
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 1:14 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Warpig that has to be a) the stupidest scenario i have ever heard b)the lamest excuse for carrying a concealed weapon c)ridiculous options.

How about i just kick some serious a$$??
95% of the USA don't carry concealed weapons and more importantly even if i did and pulled it out on the Italian, German, Polish,Chinese,French,Hungarian,Spanish,Japanese,Russian,Australian,We lsh,Korean,Philipino,Brazilian,Venutian,African,Irish,Swedish,Argentin ian American's - i would probably be thrown in jail for some trumped up charge. Yeh - the cops here in the USA suck too.

Why should i get out of the USA when i am USING it to my advantage?? Yeh i hate the Cops , the laws , the justice system , most people , the "plastic" atmosphere but hey , just like most Mexican,Italian, German, Polish,Chinese,French,Hungarian,Spanish,Japanese,Russian,Australian,We lsh,Korean,Philipino,Brazilian,Argentinian,Venutian,African,Irish ,Nordic-American's and other foreigners , i am using the system. MUWAHAHAHAHA

F*CK GUNS...

SCOTTRICE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 2:03 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

I would like to comment on some of the statements that I have read in this thread. The United States of America is the greatest country in the world, and also the history of civilization. Sure we have many problems. Every one here knows this place is not a perfect world. Maybe I take this to the extreme but I still get chills when I hear the Star Spangled Banner. My feelings on guns, gun control,ect. I don't own a gun. I do believe the idea of imposing restrictions on law abiding citizens as far as the purchase of fire arms is wrong. Hey then the criminals would be the only ones with them.
Templar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 3:05 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Depp, we disagree about gun control. Other people here have made the same arguments I'd make, so I'll skip them.

As for your comments about Switzerland, though:

(1) They do allow immigration - not that they have to, of course.
(2) They don't belong to the UN - good for them; wish to hell my country didn't.
(3) As for being neutral - not only was Sweden neutral during World War II, your country traded raw materials to the Nazis and even allowed the SS to recruit within your borders! As the saying at the time went, "If the Allies win the war, we are a democracy. If the Germans win, we are Aryans." American taxpayers had to pay to fight a war to save you Europeans from yourselves, then got shafted again by having to pay to rebuild Europe after the war. And what did the Swedes do? Sat on the fence like crows, waiting to see who won and then suck up to the victor. America has its problems and its share of shameful acts, but your ridiculing Switzerland's neutrality when your own country aided & abetted Hitler is just outrageous.
Starbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 5:22 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

"Funny how noone can explain why US has so many deaths by handguns. Sure point to other countries, Brazil, which isn´t a democracy in real sense." - Depp

Here’s your explanation.

People are not punished, severely enough, for breaking the current laws which already exist. Instead, cynical politicians, push new laws, because it is more profitable from a political standpoint. This is because new laws both get more press coverage (after all, enforcement sheds NO positive light on the politicos), and because they KNOW it will play well with the uninformed, who do not know, nor do they understand history.

Thus, many convicted felons, who are currently prohibited from having guns, are caught with them, and not prosecuted, or given probation. They then USE the weapons in their future crimes, as they do not fear being caught with the guns.

A second factor is that the statistics, while indeed being much higher than other countries, are artificially inflated by the inclusion of criminals killed by the police, or by persons acting in self-defense. (Although this would not account for all of the difference, by far) Of course, in foreign countries, I am sure you hear nothing of this, because your press is sympathetic to those who, would hide the facts. (as is our press…who consistently vote 85% in favor the more liberal of our two political parties…) For each one of these heinous acts, there are numerous tales of self-defense using weapons, which go unreported, or, if brought up, are claimed to be fabrications of the NRA…

As for crimes of passion, etc. Our people are no longer taught that they should behave in a moral way. The idea of “treat others as you would like to be treated” is ridiculed as a tenet of superstitious religion, by the very people who would ban guns. They also preach that “morals are a point of view”, and, what is it, other than morals, that prevents an individual from committing a violent act against his fellow.? Furthermore, these same people blame ‘society’ for the atrocities committed by criminals, and eschew negative sanctions (punishment) in favor of societal tampering by the government.

A final factor, is that, in America, people have not been conditioned by hundreds of years of being told what to do, by despotic rulers. This country was founded by men who were passionately against, peacably following orders. It is ingrained into our 'national psyche'.

We are also bombarded with images of the fantastic wealth that can be attained in America. When the less moral of our fellows, can tolerate lack of this wealth, no longer, they sometimes attempt to take it by violent means. It is, a negative manifestation, of the same drive which has resulted in the global leadership, we hold in many areas.

I’m sure this will not change your mind at all, but please, at least consider, that since you live in a country that subscribes to the notion that private citizens should not own guns, [b]that you certainly have not been exposed to the other sides of the argument[/b].

There are people who could explain it far better than I, as my passion interferes with my eloquence. Some of these, were the men who founded this country, and I don’t think that you can argue that it is THE single, most successful (by conventional standards) country in the world. We have been propping up most of the other countries in the world since the late 1940s, at least.

"People with money will like America, since everything is for sale there." -Depp
I would respond that you would find that this is true everywhere in the world, in many places much more so than in America. The following statement, of yours, shows that, at least to some extent, it is certainly true in Sweden...

"And people with money will always want better stuff than the rest, there is private hospitals in Sweden as well for those who won’t stand in line for public healthcare." -Depp

The difference, between America and the rest of the world, with respect to this, is that, in America, there are literally tens of thousands of stories of people who started with absolutely nothing (but their wits) to become, as you say “people with money”
This simply happens nowhere else on earth, to anywhere near the magnitude that it does here, in America.

"And if you have such great freedom in the US, how come the FBI and CIA can get into your personal life more than any over here..." --Depp

I think that the FBI and CIA could get into YOUR personal life, every bit as much. They have much more power than the comparable institutions of your government, simply as a reflection of the power of the US government. In fact, I would wager, that if it came to it, we have more protection against them than you do. (I bet some of your govt. officials owe us some favors) At least, as American citizens, we have the right to seek redress from our government. If it were to get out that the CIA, for instance, had committed some wrong, on my person, there would be a furor over here (it has happened), while I am sure they have interfered in the lives of countless citizens of other countries, with infinitesimal risk to themselves and NO public outcry.

GO80s
Sorry man, I cannot let some of this go…

"I have lived in other countries and MUCH preferred the safeness(is that a word?) and atmosphere of all of them." -GO80s

I’m afraid the word is security, as in the following famous (paraphrased) quote by Benjamin Franklin (who owned no slaves, I believe)

[b]“Those who are willing to sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither….”[/b]

"I would probably be thrown in jail for some trumped up charge. Yeah - the cops here in the USA suck too." -GO80s

I agree. But is it your contention, that this qualifies them to be the sole possessors of firearms? This would give them nearly ultimate power… It is exactly my distrust of the authorities, that makes me a proponent of the ultimate in public empowerment.

"And there isn't this we're #1 ego drooling from their mouths" -GO80s

Because they’re NOT #1…without us many of them would fold-up or soon be conquered. This has been proven, throughout the last two hundred years, during which we have also surpassed them, economically, despite hundreds of years of head start...

Many of the problems you damn America for, are, IMO, caused by the very people who wish to ban guns...

Multiculturalists = liberals = gun control = soft crime policy = liberals = preponderance of bureaucratic regulations = liberals = blame the white man = taxes = liberals = gun control!!!

Wow another huge rant!!!! If its any consolation, I still HATE Nirvana, and find Pearl Jam to be, at best, perhaps average musicians...

Sylvyr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 9:28 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Starbreaker, man I don't even need to type anything with you around!
Woo!
You're not coming here to Atlanta tomorrow with the others to visit Ripper are ya?
warpig

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 8:22 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

okay 80's yer tha man

i guess you can kick everbody's a**
I guess you use the greatest country in the world to your advantage
i guess you know all there is to know about music.
i guess you know ALL there is to know.
come to think of it, you MUST be a god!

yer my idol

(eyes rolling)
Templar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 5:18 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Nice posts, Starbreaker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: