HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Disappointments...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 11:31 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Hence the screenname....

Sarcastic Fu+k......
Starbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 11:46 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

OK, GO80s hasn't posted again, but I think Ive maybe come to understand the REAL problem we have here...

I think that perhaps you are (wrongly, IMO) blaming the (intended) American system for the actions of the (despicable) American public. Much as you seem to blame the avaiability of guns, for the way those very same people use them.

I too, despise the unwashed masses (general public), in the way I think you meant, when you said you hated the people. Many of them are lazy, worthless, unprincipled louts, who want nothing more than a handout (or to cheat their neighbor), and ignore the values men of honor should live by. (this cuts across all groups of society, BTW, even though it may seem to be more prevalent in some)

However, this is not the fault of the system, crafted by the founding fathers. It is the result of people straying from the values inherent in those plans.

If the entire country shared 'my way of thinking' (sounds bad, I know), guns would be prevalent, but shootings, non-existant. Because I would never shoot anyone, lest in self-defense. Of course, there would be no need for self-defense 'cause with everyone, having values as I do, there would be no attacks. I think this illustrates, that it is behavior that is at the heart of our problems, not the tools of that behavior.
That behavior is the cowardly use of guns...which is certainly not their intended use.

Yes, guns may be designed to kill, but no one designs a gun, with the intent to massacre the innocent. That is soley the province of the degenerate.

Guns have always been widely available, in America, yet there was a time, when it was safe to walk the streets of our cities...

Were people, in general, less degenerate, the problems you hate this country for, would not exist.

When I defend this country, I defend the principle it is (was?) supposed to embody, not the actions of those who forsake those principles.

please consider this...
SB
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 11:52 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Good post Starbreaker and right on with the Nirvana comment!!!!
Starbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 11:54 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Quote "You're not coming here to Atlanta tomorrow with the others to visit Ripper are ya?" --Sylvyr

No, I wasn't here long enough to be in that 'clique'. In any case, I'm not really into drinking myself blind anymore (I truly would prefer introspective thought, to that scene) Maybe Im gettin' REALLY old?

I hope they (you?) have a good time, and no one gets hurt...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: