HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Disappointments...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 9:51 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Quote, "Fukk it all , Fukk the world , Fukk everything you stand for....it's all sh=t , don't you fuc=ing judge me".

I wonder if they think, that I should be judged, were I to track them down and express [b]my[/b] hate in a violent way??

This is what comes to my mind, when I hear the old "Don't judge me" or "morals are a perspective" BS. It always has, no matter who expressed it. Society is empowered to judge its members. Unfortunately, it has set a precedent of judging individuals to be lacking, for the wrong reasons...

Wonder if they considered any of these points, when they wrote those insightful lyrics? Nah, didn't think so...

I prefer something a little bit more thoughtful.
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 10:33 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Metalfilm - Sorry dude but i don't see how much worse it could get...well i guess they could give you a free loaded gun when you bought the cd. UFO compared to Slipknot - c'mon man your defending bull****. Why can't you just say "yeh man it's got out of hand".
Where's your sense of morals and good judgement?

Stop making excuses - Dog i pity you for liking and supporting such garbage.

Slayer made absolutely NO references to FUKK THE WORLD and KILL YOUR PARENTS like Slipknot do.

edis0n

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 10:44 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Yeah Slayer only made refrecences to fukking the dead.
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 11:28 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Ok but ****ing the dead is your OWN problem - when you are causing grief to other people(who are alive) then that's a problem.

For example - i don't mind drinkers or drug-users but if you get in your car and run my brother or my daughter over i am gonna fuc=in kill your ass for being irresponsible.

See what i mean? Self-destruction is your OWN problem - Causing destruction (killer band by the way) on other people is selfish and spiteful (unless done for revenge as shown above).

Agree or Disagree?
edis0n

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 12:45 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

I see where your coming from g80's but I still have to disagree. Artist are not responsible for being role models to the youth. Granted there are certain bands or movies or whatever that give the wrong message but as an artist you should not have to worry about some kid getting a gun and offing his classmates because he had a bad day and listened to your music. Im NOT a slipknot fan by far but I really dont see them as a negative influence. For example the outfits and masks, I still see it as a gimmick, but they are also saying it does not matter what you look like, when it comes down to it everyone is human. The world as a whole(at least what i see in the US) is really negative, slipknot is not making it any worse. They may not be helping either but I cant see blaming them for creating a negative enviroment. If you want to say Limpdick fred durst is a bad influence im all with ya. A guy like that telling all those people at crapstock to tear the place apart and wreak havoc is just plain stupid.
Wasted

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 5:06 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

You have to give Budgie another try, but stay away from there best of and live CDs. They have a large collection if you can get your hands on them. They were definitely 80s rock so I am disappointed in you Godof80s, I thought you would do better than that.
MartinPopoffSucks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 5:15 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Whenever an artist is being looked up to or idolised by some kid - that person has a direct or indirect influence on that kid. so it is somewhat their responsibility to be a positive or negative role model. but some of you jerks who are so de-sensitized to todays society where we have come to accept everything , who can't see that, suck as much as Martin Popoff. Negativity has run rampant in this country and by saying "slipknot is not negative" or whatever is turning your back on the degradation and breaking down of your country's morals in society which i don't see how they can get much lower due to you ignorant f***s that need to get an education and some common sense. Or perhaps you and Martin Popoff can go rot on a desert island somewhere with gilligan.
CASE CLOSED!!
AssaultAttack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 7:23 am    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

MartinPopoffSucks = Godof80s
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 12:22 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

I think cowardice is as negative a trait as wasteful aggression.

And actually, many people disagree that self-destruction is one's own problem. Ever heard the phrase "no man is an island...?" Know what it means? The things we do to ourselves often do have an effect on others, so you are misguided in trying to differentiate between the two, especially with regard to lyrics (talk about splitting hairs!). By the way, if you're so against the breaking of the law which bands like Slipknot supposedly advocate, why do you stand behind suicide (self-destruction) and vigilantism (revenge killing)?

My sense of morals and good judgment lies with placing the burden of influence and guidance on PARENTS. And no, I don't think young kids should listen to Slipknot, but why are the parents allowing their kids to keep that music in the house? Do something!
By the way, please highlight the line wherein Slipknot entreats listeners to "kill their parents."

"but some of you jerks who are so de-sensitized to todays society "
"which i don't see how they can get much lower due to you ignorant f***s"
"you and Martin Popoff can go rot"

Hmm, all that swearing and baiting the listener with insults...reminds me of Slipknot lyrics!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: