HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Disappointments...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 2:20 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Thats true, Ozzy and Blackie didn't talk about hate that much (except maybe the whole KFD album.) Songs about have been around for a long time. Admittedly, if I had a kid in the 80's, I would be a little wary about them listening to WASP "F#&k like a Beast", but I do agree that these new "hate bands" flat out su-hu-huck.

PS. What's the deal with Godsmack? Can that goofy singer repeat "go away" 5000 more times in one song?
edis0n

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 2:28 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Ozzy and Blackie should not be role models, the parents should. Anyway would you listen to wasp if Blackie sung about helping an old woman cross the street? [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
AssaultAttack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 2:31 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

ONLY IF HE ****** HER WHEN HE GOT TO THE OTHER SIDE!
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 2:32 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

If we want kids to have a positive influence, why don't we start with their parents, teachers, clergymen and local and national political leaders? Art has no such connection to a moral code and metal has largely always been on the wrong side of it, as far as the personnel and their personas go. Slipknot is no different than W.A.S.P., Frank Zappa, Lenny Bruce, Salvador Dali, Luis Bunuel, Jean-Luc Godard, or even a philosopher like Nietzche.

As far as the Scorps go, it's no surprise that you're the only one who wasn't expecting an album like Eye II Eye. They've been headed in that direction probably since Crazy World, DEFINITELY with Face the Heat and Pure Instinct (that album is anything BUT!). To the majority here, "Scorpions haven't released anything decent since Blackout" is a perfectly viable statement well supported by the albums that followed(though I really like Sting). As for the Slipknot lyrical grist, I happen to agree that it's pure infantile nihilism with no target of the band's anger, just raw, stupid anger. But does that make a case for censorship? No way. Personally, I think that those albums ARE entirely inappropriate for smaller children and adolescents and that albums should be rated according to age just as movies are. Under 18? Can't buy that Slipknot record. Put it to a law and I'll sign it, but until that day comes it's entirely legal. The only logical antecendent is parental discretion, one motion that should already be in place in a responsible household.
Lars37

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:10 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

That Godsmack song sounds EXACTLY like "Loco" by Coal Chamber - play one right after the other and see! Every time Godsmack's on, I yell "LO-CO", and my wife just rolls her eyes!
I might be insane, but I don't mind Slipknot! I got a cassette for free, and it's never going to be in any top 10 ( or 50 or 100 ) list of mine, but I ignore the lyrics and it's not so bad!

NP: Ride The Lightning - METALLICA
( ahhhhh, memories... )
MetalLurch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:58 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

"Unfortunately radio in many countries is very bland as only certain kinds of music are programmed. Fortunately we've been able to keep our integrity and not fall into the all-too-easy-radio-play-brings-success trap. It really is unfortunate that many young bands are no longer allowed to go their own way, but are persuaded to make this or that kind of sound so as to encourage sales through radio play. Anyway, f**k 'em. Iron Maiden will always be Iron Maiden." - Steve Harris in the Piece of Mind tour book. Let's hope other bands insert their name in this quote in place of Iron Maiden. And for the purposes of this post, "old bands" should replace "young bands". Good place to put that well-worn: UP THE IRONS!!!!
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 4:42 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

Metalfilm - we will just have to agree to disagree on the Artist responsibility matter.
Parents are the beginnings but the media has just as much input in a kid's life. Slipknot is pure unadulterated hate and metal has NEVER been about that - NEVER. Sorry man but i never heard a Deep Purple , Saxon , Maiden , Angra , Helloween , UFO song that said FU+K THE WORLD so beligerently (not sure how to spell that word) and spiteful.
I don't agree with it and i will fight it if i can. You wanna talk about metal getting a bad name? That'll really do it.
America's worst trait (and it's growing rapidly) is its violence. Rather than contributing to the problem - shouldn't we(as people and artists) take our(and kids) futures more seriously??
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 6:46 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

I will agree to disagree, but think about UFO's "I'm a Loser" or "On with the Action." Not really very positive views of the world in their time. Seen today they are almost quaint. I think that in 20 years Slipknot will be viewed much the same way.
dogfacedgod

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 7:45 pm    Post subject: More Disappointments... Reply with quote

I'm gonna disagree with you all on this one.i don't really care for the so called nu-metal stuff at all except maybe Static X.I like those guys.As for Slipknot i ****in love those guys.yeah they got alot of kiddie fans, but who fukkin cares.I was a kiddie fan once too remember guys.I was the kid going crazy over OZZY's blizzard of Oz and Maiden's number of the beast.I was 12 or 13yrs old just like these kids.Ya gotta start somewhere.We all did.As for Slipknot being negative on kids today, come on guys what about listening to Slayer's lyrics.Talk about negative.I listened to them my whole like and i didn't take what they sang about seriously.GEEZ, it's fine you guys don't like Slipknot, but don't give em crap about what they sing about.This is one of those rare times i disagree with you metal brothers and sisters.OH well..

A BIG SLIPKNOT FAN(i guess ya can tell)
SO FUKKIN WHAT!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: