HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

so you want compilations...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitro4040

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 7:59 pm    Post subject: so you want compilations... Reply with quote

here are 2 compilation cd's by 2 excellent bands that showcase some of their best work...

Y&T best of '81 to '85
A very good compilation from one of my favorite bands and one I saw live at least 5 times. Only the inclusion of Summertime Girls brigns ;this one down a notch. Everything from Dirty Girl to Forever to the ultimate classic Rescue Me and Barroom Boogie -one of the funniest metal tunes ever.. if you are lookin for Y&T material this is a good find on cd.

Scorpions
Best of Vol. 2
Vol 1 may be more popular and a bit better, but you can't go wrong with this one. Top of the Bill, They Need a Million, Catch your Train, excellent all..Great combo of early Scorps.

your turn...
MetalRider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 12:51 am    Post subject: so you want compilations... Reply with quote

Led Zeppelin Remasters (2 different box sets)
Remasters 1 has nearly every song by Zep that I liked with a few exceptions. Remasters 2 picked them up. There was a LOT of Zep's music that I can barely tolerate, but the songs that I do like, I REALLY like. I took this route, and may have spent more in the long run than I might have by buying their first box set, but wound up happy anyway.
The Merchant of Venus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 1:01 pm    Post subject: so you want compilations... Reply with quote

Ratt - Ratt 'N Roll (I know, I know. The RQ Stigma attached to these guys, but this is Party Metal, as good as it gets)
Scorpions - Deadly Sting: The Mercury Years
The Sledge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 8:32 pm    Post subject: so you want compilations... Reply with quote

Here's my input; the 4 "Heavy Metal Rarities" put out by Neat Metal. I don't have them [I have most/all songs on vinyl], but the track listings on those comps are awesome!!!! I can't believe they they tracked down the rights to those mega-rarities!

NP: Love/Hate on HR
Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 11:53 pm    Post subject: so you want compilations... Reply with quote

Michael Schenker - Anthology 1974-1984/UFO-MSG

Candlemass - Best Of, As It Is As It Was

Savatage - From The Gutter To The Stage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: