HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recent vinyl aquirings?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 1:49 pm    Post subject: Recent vinyl aquirings? Reply with quote

Anyone bought anyhting in this killer audio format lately?

Well, I have, and here's the list.

* Joe Walsh - You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
* Tsunami - Tsunami
* Quartz - Quartz
* Starfighters - In-flight Movie
* Riot - Restless Breed, Narita, Fire Down Under
* Rainbow - Down To Earth
* Nazareth - Expect No Mercy
* Wizz - Crazy Games
* Alcatrazz - Disturbing The Peace

More to come in a not too distant future.
zombie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 2:14 pm    Post subject: Recent vinyl aquirings? Reply with quote

I would not even know where to look for vinyl anymore.....It getting rare when I even play much anymore, so much new stuff and so little time between work and sleep.
How much did you pay for those lps on average? I have over 500 metal/hard rock lps from the 70' 80' maybe I should clean house. Donate them to the young hardboard memeber that never heard 'smoke on the water' by Deep purple.
The Sledge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 8:40 am    Post subject: Recent vinyl aquirings? Reply with quote

Crusader,

Hey, you're picking up vinyl??!! With all the posts so far, I assumed you only went/played CDs? Good to see the 'ol turntable still being used.

How's that Wizz?? Seeing them mentioned over the years, I was always curious to know how they sounded. Any comparisons?

NP:nothing
Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 2:52 pm    Post subject: Recent vinyl aquirings? Reply with quote

Zombie, I nearly laughed my head off here. "Donate them to the young hardboard memeber that never heard 'smoke on the water' by Deep purple." [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] But it's sad isn't it? Being a metalhead and never have heard one of the over all most famous songs ever made by a rock group. I believe that even if you would ask a die-hard pop fan, he/she would know about "Smoke...".

Sledge, I guess you haven't seen any of my earlier threads about my various vinyl purchases, but yes, I buy quite a lot of vinyl when I get a chance to. It is the supreme audio format, and you often get goodies that doesn't come with cds.

That Wizz album is from 84 and it is a bit varied in sound, ranging from some NWOBHM influences on one song to mostly more melodic songs with some decent guitar work and keyboards. It has a very mid 80's sound, reminding me at times of 220 Volt or early Malmsteen (not counting those annoying guitar solos of his).

Rock on!
Dipnoi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 3:41 pm    Post subject: Recent vinyl aquirings? Reply with quote

A couple of days ago:

Benediction "Transcend the Rubicon"
Extreme Noise Terror "Retrobution"
Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 8:54 pm    Post subject: Recent vinyl aquirings? Reply with quote

Oh yeah, forgot about it. I paid 25 SEK a piece for those albums. That should be something like 2,4 U.S. dollars.
Acca Dacca

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 9:03 pm    Post subject: Recent vinyl aquirings? Reply with quote

My recent purchases include:

Mystick Krewe of Clearlight
The Heads 10"'s (both of 'em)
Beaver - Lodge 10"
Speedealer - S/T
Slo-Burn - Amusing the Amazing 10"

For the record, I purchase everything on vinyl, save for two reasons.

#1) The cost of vinyl is more than double of the CD, and it is a band that I am not a completist for...
#2) The rare case when the vinyl is missing tracks that are on the CD version. Generally, this is the other way around, which is even more the need for vinyl copies.
The Sledge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 5:01 pm    Post subject: Recent vinyl aquirings? Reply with quote

A pleasant surprise here! A couple of fans out there still going for vinyl! Now you guys are my kind of fans!! To me, a CD will never beat the sound of a clean slab of vinyl!

Yeh, I heard about that Wizz and it wasn't too favorable.

Geez guys...I haven't gone (or sent for) vinyl in a long time!! All of my money is going towards the family. Hmm, but I did pick up some...oh...beginning of the year. Let's see if I can remember (I'm at work now);

Mistreater- Hell's Fire 7" (excellent!!!)
Kill Van Kull- 12" EP
Steve Sylvester- ? (Death SS vocalist)
Pentagram- Review Your Choices
Lotus Cruise- Tonight 7"
Charger- Desperados 7"
Joker [US]- ? 7"

I love that Mistreater! A US band circa 84-86. A cross between Sabbath (70s), early Priest, with a little NWOBHM thrown in. Very cool!

NP:nothing
Crusader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 6:46 am    Post subject: Recent vinyl aquirings? Reply with quote

New ones I got today:

Magnum - Kingdom Of Madness, II, Chase The Dragon

Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Heavy Load - Stronger Than Evil

AC/DC - If You Want Blood, You've Got It

Motörhead - Iron Fist

Judas Priest - Defenders Of The Faith

Candlemass - Ancient Dreams

Tim, I've been waiting for an answer to my latest e-mail, but perhaps you didn't get it? If you read this, please let me know.

NP: Overdrive - Lost In time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: