HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ransoms and treasure hunts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zej

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 11:46 pm    Post subject: Ransoms and treasure hunts Reply with quote

Double poll today:

First, what is the single most expensive album or CD you have ever bought and how much did you pay for it? If possible, explain why you were willing to pay for it.

Second, which is the album or CD that you STILL cannot find, the one that manages to elude you no matter how close you seem to get it? Obviously, one you REALLY want.

The single most expensive CD I ever bought was Lillian Axe's Love + War. It was a bitch to find so after five years of looking I won it at ebay for 51 bucks.

The CD that still eludes me is Love/Hate's 5th release Livin' off Layla. Rumors abound that it never really existed as a silver CD and is only a bootleg that the band members recorded and distributed over their own barely existent label, SK9 records. I bought it once from Impulse Records but it got lost in the mail. They haven't managed to get another copy for me.
edis0n

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 12:07 am    Post subject: Ransoms and treasure hunts Reply with quote

I never really paid anything out of the ordinary for any album or cd.

The albums that I cant find are most of the UFO albums. I have found Covenant, Obsession and Strangers In the Night all the others have been next to impossible to get. I tried special ordering from 3 different record stores they all said they're distributors were back ordered and might not ever get them unless they're reissued. Same story with Cd now, every album back ordered. Have a mix cd i made of a couple of mp3s from each album but thats getting old real fast.
Paul G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 12:33 am    Post subject: Ransoms and treasure hunts Reply with quote

Edison, the entire UFO back catalog is being re-issued again in Japan, if memory serves me correctly I think Spitfire will be doing the honors in the USA/Canada.

For me the first 2 Black'n'Blue + Lillian Axe "Love & War" are CD's that continue to elude me at a decent price along with Scorps "Taken by Force/Tokyo Tapes" being re-issued next year by Spitfire along with the entire Pat Travers catalog. The first two Diamond Heads + Y&T (i may break down and pay the Japanese import price $38/each).

I recently paid $30 plus each for Tribe of Gypsies "Standing on the Shoulder" & Revolution 13. This band is amazing, I can't drool enough over the stuff Roy Z is doing with this band. I'm sure there is tons more on the want list but it's too long to post here.

zombie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 7:44 am    Post subject: Ransoms and treasure hunts Reply with quote

I piad 26.00 for MSG unplugged on a Jap import. Worth every penny.

Been looking for Hallows eve ' death and insanity'for a while. Would also like a copy of Cozy Powell's "phenomenon " on CD. But it is issued on LP on the now defunt Bronze records so I'm sure it never was/will be issued on CD.

I need to sell one of my Love and War on ebay one of these days. I really like Lillian Axe, but I don't get the hype over this CD?
It is not their strongest CD.

Paul is correct, All the ufo are being reissued on CD with spitfire. I have them All on LP, but will have them on CD soon.

anamal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 7:57 am    Post subject: Ransoms and treasure hunts Reply with quote

my highest price paid was $105 ,it was for Staind/tormented,there are only 2000 of these in print(fom what ive read)..

my most sought after is Trust/savage,i have a cdr burn of it ,but i want the original...
..hey zej i got the original release of livin off layla,you need a copy (cdr) let me know
billcar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 1:11 pm    Post subject: Ransoms and treasure hunts Reply with quote

I haven't really paid an inordinate amount of $$ for CDs. Just can't afford to. A couple of CDs I would love to have would be

Blackfoot "Siogo"
Wrathchild "Stakk Attack"

I have both on cdr burned, but I would love to get the originals. Also, Kick Axe "Vices", but I thought I heard that was going to be reissued!?
Zej

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 2:26 pm    Post subject: Ransoms and treasure hunts Reply with quote

Anamal,

You're on, man! I generally like having the originals, but when it's taken me so long I'm willing to do just about anything. Let me know how much it would cost and you've got a deal...

Zombie,

Had I known you have more than one, we would've been in business. The reason it's so hyped is because the pressing was very limited. Fields of Yesterday is very recent, Poetic Justice and Psychoschizofrenia can be bought just about everywhere, and the first CD is available thru many online retailers, but Love + War is a tough CD to find. I got off easy. I had bid on L+W before and I lost to people who paid up to 150 bucks for it. It once went on vinyl for 78 dollars!

If you go to a website called rathole they have a Wanted BB. Many people there have been looking for it. You might wanna sell it and make some easy cash.

BTW, other CDs I've been looking for are anything by Southgang. I haven't even SEEN one of those.
Mordax

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 3:01 pm    Post subject: Ransoms and treasure hunts Reply with quote

Most I paid for a CD? Hmmmm... Maybe the Kiss - Killers CD Japanese import I think it was $26... not to bad considering.

CD that eludes me to no end because it doesn't even exist according to David Chastain himself.... the album he put out with his band Spike! long before CJSS/Chastain/etc. Only ever found it on LP.
MarillionFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 3:56 pm    Post subject: Ransoms and treasure hunts Reply with quote

Zej - I have both Southgang CD's - if you want a killer quality cd-r let me know.
I also have Spike! but on cassette.
The most i have ever paid for a cd is $7 which i paid last week for Elegy - State Of Mind (killer progressive Metal).
Most of the cd's i get i pay between 99 cents and $3 for.

Titles which continue to elude me? Thin Lizzy - Life plus a few other Thin Lizzy titles. FM(Aor band) releases after 1990 - The last Heavy Pettin album. I'll think of more...

Zej if you have microsoft excel i can send you my list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: