HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RIAA asks Napster to apologize to Metallica
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 9:22 pm    Post subject: RIAA asks Napster to apologize to Metallica Reply with quote

A letter from RIAA chief executive Hilary Rosen to Napster CEO Hank Barry that is making the rounds on newsgroups asks Barry--or founder Shawn Fanning--to extend an apology to Metallica and its drummer, Lars Ulrich.

<snip>

"I think the band and their team feel very undermined by the deal announced (Tuesday) even though many of us support it...You guys have fostered the abuse that Lars and the band have taken for standing up for their rights, rights which you have acknowledged in theory in the past but now have a financial interest in supporting since you are taking Bertelsmann's money. Metallica took a stand on behalf of artists...They have been my heroes in this thing, and I am determined to make sure that if this thing turns out to benefit everyone, they are not left out."

full story at c|net:
[url=http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-3415585.html?tag=st.ne.ron.l thd.ni]http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-3415585.html?tag=st.ne.ron .lthd.ni[/url]

[This message has been edited by HardRocker (edited 11-06-2000).]
zombie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 9:36 pm    Post subject: RIAA asks Napster to apologize to Metallica Reply with quote

I think not.
MetalRider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 12:46 am    Post subject: RIAA asks Napster to apologize to Metallica Reply with quote

All I can say is that if you take actions that your fans percieve as dumping on them, you had best be prepared for the fall out.
Coda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 8:24 am    Post subject: RIAA asks Napster to apologize to Metallica Reply with quote

Metallica are a bunch of whinye cry-babies. Apologise to Metallica?!??! I' mnsorry but that's their own fault. If they can't handl;e the fatc they are a complete joke and that even Winger deserves more respect then they d now well thats their own fault. They dug their own grave. Gawd even grunge bands never complaiend that much...

[This message has been edited by Coda (edited 11-07-2000).]
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 1:31 pm    Post subject: RIAA asks Napster to apologize to Metallica Reply with quote

You know what this reminds me of? The League of Nations forcing Germany to accept responsibility for damages following WWI. Many historians agree that it was that very laying of blame that most contributed to the rise of Nazism and the outbreak of WWII.

Only in this case, the Nazis are actually the "good guys," or so the RIAA would like us to believe.
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 5:51 pm    Post subject: RIAA asks Napster to apologize to Metallica Reply with quote

Hitler certainly used the terms of the "versailles treaty" to gain favor with the German people and polarize them into a Nationalistic way of thinking. I definitely, don't care about the RIAA or Metallica's point of view in this case though. the fact is THE SUED there OWN fans. That is the worst thing I can imagine any band doing to their fans. I COMPLETELY lost respect for them from then on. I can't stand those losers. I hope they lose all of their fans and go the way of MC Hammer!
Coda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 8:46 pm    Post subject: RIAA asks Napster to apologize to Metallica Reply with quote

Just wait JGunzz...Metallica are still trendy now. But in a few short years when the musical tides shift...they'll be dead. Sure they'll still draw crowds cause of the old sh@t but they'll never sell any new records again.
Ogre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 6:21 am    Post subject: RIAA asks Napster to apologize to Metallica Reply with quote

Out of curiousity, has anyone heard Dave Mustaine express an opinion on Metallica's actions here?
MetalRider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 2:00 pm    Post subject: RIAA asks Napster to apologize to Metallica Reply with quote

Not that I'm aware of, Ogre. By the way, welcome to the board!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: