HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Death metal bands you hate
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Something Wicked

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2000 3:10 pm    Post subject: Death metal bands you hate Reply with quote

For me, it's Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, and all their 109392034735256222 clones
Raider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2000 4:46 pm    Post subject: Death metal bands you hate Reply with quote

I'll agree about CC. So overrated it's ridiculous. And the worst part is people not into death metal yet think CC is supposed to be the peak of it from the press CC gets, so they listen to CC, don't like it, and assume that all death metal is that bad.
Paul G

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2000 5:58 pm    Post subject: Death metal bands you hate Reply with quote

I agree Cannibal are just plain Bad for the genre, the offensive artwork (easily geared to offend), boring song structures, horrible lyrics etc...yet they get the most press. Six Feet Under & Deicide are two others I can do without. There is no shortage of this type of garbage being released by Relapse/Necropolis etc...

I'm somewhat optimistic that the better bands in the genre (the innovative ones) like Enslaved/Emperor/Satyricon/Nile/Morbid Angel/Dimmu Borgir/Immortal and others will continue to push the boundaries in a intelligent manner and leave the facile shock factor garbage alone (see Necrophagia/Exhumed/Regurgitate most offensive cover of the year no doubt) bands who do NOTHING to help the scene except to make fans look like psychopaths. My ? is who would by something like Regurgitate and enjoy it?? that person would scare me more than watching the Exorcist on a 24hr loop.

dogfacedgod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2000 6:15 pm    Post subject: Death metal bands you hate Reply with quote

Crytopsy

I can't stand the fukkin singer!!
Raider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2000 8:15 pm    Post subject: Death metal bands you hate Reply with quote

Well, it's all opinion, but Cryptopsy is among my top ten DM bands.
Something Wicked

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2000 8:46 pm    Post subject: Death metal bands you hate Reply with quote

Raider: I concur. They are made out to be spokespeople of death metal, yet Morbid Angel deserves the honor much more

Paul G: Pee-icide I could also do without, and Six Feet Blunder is 1000 times worse than Cranberry Corpse.

Oh, and Morbid Angel and Nile are the only death metal bands on that list. Enslaved, Emperor, Satyricon, and Immortal are black metal, and Dimmu is some crappy dark heavy metal with ****ty keyboards.

DFG: Are you talking about Lord Worm(really low burped vocals) or Mike Disalvo(bland grunt). Granted they both suck, but my main beef with ****opsy is that they only care about brutality and technicality.

Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2000 10:03 pm    Post subject: Death metal bands you hate Reply with quote

The only bands I hate are the ones which not only do I not like but I think are bad for metal in general, steering away potential converts, converting the last people I would actually WANT in this scene, creating an army of clones, and all that crap in general.

So, yes, my choice would be Cannibal Corpse.
Paul G

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2001 7:49 am    Post subject: Death metal bands you hate Reply with quote

Death Metal - Black Metal - to someone observing the scene from the outside it looks pretty much to same, it seems that Death bands are mostly American/Canadian and that Black Metal is European in origin. SO WHAT. My original point is that there are too many bands within these two styles which don't help the cause and cast a "negative" shadow over ALL metal. It drives people away.

dogfacedgod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2001 9:34 am    Post subject: Death metal bands you hate Reply with quote

Soething Wicked,

Who ever sang on Blasphemy of the flesh.

I also can't stand:

Morbid Angel
Deicide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: