HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarillionFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 10:08 pm    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

Went to a number of Pawn shops in Laughlin today and nailed some kickass cd's. In fact i even nailed XYZ for $2.50!! MUWAHAHA

I thought i'd try out Reinventing the Steel by Pantera and man does this suck or what?
Typical 90's yelling garbage over same riff repeated 1000 times.
These guys used to rock but since Vulgar they have just gone downhill. THEY SUCK!
I can't believe there are people out there who listen to this garbage day after day. Doesn't this sh=t get old to you?? This CD goes right onto Ebay as another cd filed with the usual 90's/00's noisy bouncecore crap.......

Phil - learn how to sing you moron....

[This message has been edited by MarillionFan (edited 12-20-2000).]
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 10:17 pm    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

I agree that the album isn't their best, but "bouncecore?" C'mon man, how many bands own their own sound the way Pantera does?You've got to give them their props just for that! They are just continuing to do their own thing. Marillionfan, I thought I was starting to get what music you labeled "bouncecore" but now I guess I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. The album still has some redeeming qualities to it in my opinion. If you never got Pantera, then you wouldn't like this album.

[This message has been edited by JGunnz1 (edited 12-20-2000).]
MarillionFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 11:29 pm    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

Yep definitely bouncecore and i'll give Pantera credit for inventing mall metal.
Dude i have liked Pantera since 1983 and they just keep getting worse and worse. They sound like every other hatecore band on the market. Deftones , Orgy , Limp Dick , Soulfly , Smashing Pumpkins , Korn , Slipknutz - it's all the same crap. Some dude yelling (usually obscenities) over a riff repeated 1000 times. You can't deny that. Panterrible sold out when Phil stopped singing. Thanks for creating a genre of shi+ guys.....YOU SUCK! It's not even original or listenable anymore - hell, it ain't even fun anymore....
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 11:50 pm    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

I was told from someone that has heard the stuff Pantera's is workin' on now...that Phil is actually singing, and the songs shred...it shouldn't be long now before the new stuff is released..
MetalLurch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 3:57 am    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

Pantera are playing up here in February, and to tell the truth, just listening to the commercial for it was giving me a headache!
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 7:50 am    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

I always thought Pantera was overated. I can't believe that album entered the charts at number 6.
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 8:59 am    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

I'll bet anyone who has listened to Pantera could still tell the difference between them and Korn or Slipknot- as for Orgy, I don't know how they fit into the description since everything that I have heard of them sounds more like Goth or something along those lines. Pantera does not have synthesizers. Again, I will agree that Pantera's stuff is getting old with time. As far as them inventing "mallcore" and having countless bands copy them, I guess it is just like in the 80's when countless "hairband" clones popped up everywhere(DISCLAIMER- I HAVE STATED AGAIN AND AGAIN THAT I HATE THE TERM HAIRBAND, BUT I GUESS IT FITS WHEN DISCUSSING MALLCORE). They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I do have one question for you Marillionfan. You posted a topic on Cradle of Filth a week or so ago. I had heard them before and was unimpressed, so I thought that I would give them another shot. I am utterly amazed that you, who can't stand Phil Anselmos voice, could actually spend longer than three seconds listening to the high pitched squealing that is Cradle of Filth's vox. I mean the music is absolutely RUINED by that voice! Dog's were howling when I put that on! Please explain.

[This message has been edited by JGunnz1 (edited 12-21-2000).]
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 9:40 am    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

Dear MFan,

After reading you above post I have only 1 think to say............................................you were too kind to them in your review!!

Gotta ya,,,thought we had a flame war coming did you not. I lived in Arlinton TX in the 80's and we would go see Pantera as a bar band for a $2.00 cover. In fact I still have projects and I am the night on LP that I purchased at the shows. They lost me sometime after VDOP.
AssaultAttack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 10:09 am    Post subject: PANTERA'S NEW CD SUCKS Reply with quote

A flame war we still might have [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Actually this is one MarillionFan and I agree on.

That said, would you like to explain to the audience here your age at the time you first got into Pantera and how you they managed to hit your "radar" back then. I know I would be interested.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/ruinkai/bluegrab.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: