HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sabbath Revisited
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mijarra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 8:56 pm    Post subject: Sabbath Revisited Reply with quote

Here's a topic I've been thinking about: What are your favorite versions of Black Sabbath songs covered by other bands? My 2 favs are Sabbath Bloody Sabbath done by Anthrax (heavy as hell), which I think was on the I'm the Man disc, and Sepultura's version of Symptom of the Universe from Nativity in Black. Pantera's Planet Caravan wasn't too bad either. What do you think?
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:15 pm    Post subject: Sabbath Revisited Reply with quote

Type O Negative's "Paranoid", which is practically a new song in their hands.

Solitude Aeturnus' "Heaven & Hell", an awesome song which I damn near like even better in SA's hands.

sabbathian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 11:32 pm    Post subject: Sabbath Revisited Reply with quote

i relly like sepultura's version of symptom of the universe.
on the other hand the rendition of iron man by busta rhymes in NIB II really sucked.
wonder what they were doing there in the first place
Crusader

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2001 7:15 am    Post subject: Sabbath Revisited Reply with quote

I've certainly got some favs.

"Hole In The Sky" by Overkill
"A National Acrobat" by Northwinds (this one is really killer!!)
"Lord Of This World" by Corrosion Of Conformity
"Children Of The Grave" by White Zombie
Subtraction

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2001 2:11 pm    Post subject: Sabbath Revisited Reply with quote

I agree with Tyrannorabbit. Type O's covers of Sabbath are great. I really like how they can almost make them thier own songs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
brianscriv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2001 8:37 pm    Post subject: Sabbath Revisited Reply with quote

Definitely "Heaven & Hell" by Solitude Aeturnus. Just crushing. A real killer is Trouble's "Children of the Grave" they use to play live, and almost wound up on NIB I, but was replaced by White Zombie. For amusing purposes, Six Feet Under's "Sweet Leaf".

Brian
Depp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 12:42 am    Post subject: Sabbath Revisited Reply with quote

Lord Of This World by Corrosion Of Conformity.
One of the few covers that I have heard that are better than the original.
Dutchrocker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 3:18 am    Post subject: Sabbath Revisited Reply with quote

Overkill - Hole in the sky
Candlemass - Symptom of the Universe (DOA '88 I think)
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 6:33 pm    Post subject: Sabbath Revisited Reply with quote

The other day I was listening to 9 second clips of various Sabbath boots (in RA I think). I enjoyed hearing Ian Gillan, Glenn Hughes, Ray Gillen, Tony Martin and Dio (1992)on the standards.

Wishful thinking but I wish Sabbath would release a compilation live album for every lineup/era. But with the second reformation, Mall Metal supporting tour and lets forget everything after Never Say Die attitude its unlikely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: