HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R.I.P. #3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MetalRider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 9:45 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. #3 Reply with quote

After my two favorite drivers, Davey Alison and Alan Kulwicki, were killed in separate aviation accidents, I had quit watching NASCAR. The Intimidator was one of those rare talents that I "loved to hate", simply because he was so good. I always respected him a great deal, though.
RIP man.

[This message has been edited by MetalRider (edited 02-19-2001).]
The Dorf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2001 11:15 am    Post subject: R.I.P. #3 Reply with quote

Earnhardt won the first race I ever went to, in Dover in '92. I was never really a big fan of his (Mark Martin's my favorite), but my jaw dropped to the ground when I found out. My most sincere condolences go out to the Earnhardt family, and I hope Jr, if he decides to race Sunday, wins one for his old man.
dugs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 4:56 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. #3 Reply with quote

'Tis a sad day indeed. Thanks everyone, as the Intimidator is my favorite driver. Services were today, and it has fealt like we lost a true hero.

Jr. is racing on Sunday. You go man!
coldgin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2001 9:04 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. #3 Reply with quote

It seems that NASCAR is not going to retire Dale's #3. Team Owner, Richard Childress announced that, with NASCAR's cooperation, the #3 that he owns would be placed on a "one year moratorium" but that a black #3 GM Goodwrench car would never again appear in competition. With this and for those NASCAR fans on this board that care, take time to sign the petition. The numbers so far are over 150,000 and growing by the minute.
[url=http://www.petitiononline.com/DaleE3/petition.html]http://www.pet itiononline.com/DaleE3/petition.html[/url]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: