HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slacker no-show bands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mijarra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2001 10:39 pm    Post subject: Slacker no-show bands Reply with quote

Ever go so see a band and they just plain don't show up? Ever drive a REAL LONG WAY to see a band only to find out the show is cancelled when you get there? I guess there are legitimate reason why this would happen, but I have also heard some pretty shady ones. Here's a few shows that were cancelled, resulting in a fit of rage by Mijarra:

Guns and Roses/Skid row: Cancelled the day before the show, no reason given. At least we got out tickets refunded...like weeks later.

Anthrax: Drove 2 hours to see them and when we got there we found a big ol "Show Cancelled" sign on the ticket booths.

Fear Factory: Just didn't show. They were billed to play a show with Type-O and Life of Agony.

I also remember COC not showing up when they were billed, but I can't remember who they were opening for. Ozzy maybe.

On the positive side, went to see Death in a club a few years back. Literally only about 25 people in the crowd. Chuck and the boys played on. It was so cool to be that close to the band. Literally within arms reach.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2001 11:09 pm    Post subject: Slacker no-show bands Reply with quote

In 1990 I had tickets to see DIO with Yngwie and the Killer Dwarves. Went on vacation and when I returned the gig was cancelled and the tickets somehow got exchanged for the Cher show.

*shudder*
Dutchrocker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2001 5:25 am    Post subject: Slacker no-show bands Reply with quote

Guns 'n Roses kept us waiting for almost 3 hours, in 1990 in Rotterdam. Faith no More and Soundgarden had done their sets and GNR was supposed to go on at 9 pm I believe, and didn't start playing before 11.45 pm. Turns out they still were in Basel, where they had played the night before, and that Axl didn't feel like going to Rotterdam and performing. Seems that it took a lot of persuading by the other bandmembers to get him on the plane after all.

Major league *******. 60.000 paying rockfans and then almost refusing to play cuz he doesn't feel like it [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

But in the end they turned up and did a great show.
MetalLurch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2001 5:33 am    Post subject: Slacker no-show bands Reply with quote

The Ozzy tour '86 that was supposed to hit Seattle got cancelled so close to the day of the show, I had no idea if it was or not. I went down to the venue just to check it out, and no crowds or tour rigs = no show. For those who might not have heard about this tour, from what I recall Ozzy wanted to take a break after someone was killed at a show in California and he and Metallica were taking a lot of heat because of the style of music they play, and their image. And it sucked since that would have been the last time to see Cliff in action.

I also missed a Motorhead show when it was cancelled at the last minute because someone in 'head finally got tired of Dave Mustaine (Meagadeth and Cro-Mags were the openers). So, for some reason, the show was nixed.
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2001 7:41 am    Post subject: Slacker no-show bands Reply with quote

Back in '85', Poison was supposed to support RATT. They cancelled and a local outfit called Machine Gun took their place.
Boy did they suck. I felt bad 'cause people were throwing AA batteries at them.
Dutchrocker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2001 9:51 am    Post subject: Slacker no-show bands Reply with quote

Just remembered 'nudder one. Motorhead in Groningen about four or five years ago. This was supposed to be the tenth time for me to see Motorhead. And for his birthday ticket I took my (at that time) brother in law to the show - bought his ticket, gave him a shirt, couple of beers, good old fashioned friendly fun!

Anyway, Motorhead came on stage and started off all guns blazing (Iron fist!!!). After half an hour however, during _Orgasmatron_, some idiot threw a full glass of beer on stage, which hit Lemmy. Well, we all know how he feels about sh*t like that. So they cut off the song and went backstage. After five minutes, Lemmy comes back on stage and tells this sh*tface that if this happens again, they would quit the show. So they commence playing again (Orgasmatron) and this unbelievable idiot does the same thing again! Would you believe that! So Motorhead quits the show and sends us home. The beer throwing bastard had to be hospitalized. As you'll surely understand, the other fans were not too happy with his behaviour ... [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Anyway, I don't think Motorhead is to blame for this. Basically this one "fan" is to blame. Be sure he regretted it! But man, was I pissed being cheated out of a great show like this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: