HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you could play guitar like anyone?..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keifer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 7:41 am    Post subject: If you could play guitar like anyone?.. Reply with quote

If you could play guitar like anyone - who would it be? [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]
RATTQUEEN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 9:12 am    Post subject: If you could play guitar like anyone?.. Reply with quote

If I could play guitar like anyone I would play like:

Stephen Pearcy
Ted Nugent
Warren De Martini
CC Deville
Andy La Rocque
Pete Blakk
Steve Stevens
Chris Holmes
Zakk Wylde
Rudolf Schenker
Rowan Robertson

That is all I can think of for now!
Thanks for asking!

RATTQUEEN
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 9:26 am    Post subject: If you could play guitar like anyone?.. Reply with quote

I'm inclined to pick on any day from one of the following:

Criss Oliva
Alex Skolnick
Satch
Fast Eddie

I guess they are almost in order. I could be real technically proficient if i played like satch though. Oliva just had the riffs and the leads(and so does skolnick).
keifer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 9:40 am    Post subject: If you could play guitar like anyone?.. Reply with quote

Oh, no-o-o... Satriani is scary... If I started playing like him, I'd go bonkers in no time... I'd rather stick to something safe, like eh-h... hm... how about Hendrix? I wouldn't mind being able to play like Hendrix... Oh no, hold on, Hendrix is quite crazy too, too wild of an imagination. I'd say - Jimmy Page. Yes.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 1:42 pm    Post subject: If you could play guitar like anyone?.. Reply with quote

Hey, this is a topic I actually think about a lot. Well, I'll probably take a lot of heat for this, but I am going to say it anyway. If I could play like anyone it would be Edward Van Halen. Now, stop, wait a minute and let me explain. Forget about all the tricks harmonics and the two handed circus act for a minute. That's not what I am talking about. The quality that Eddie has that I have always tried to emulate, but never quite nailed is the way his songs FLOW. Like, it seems like his songs are a steeplechase from start to finish with lots of intersting little dips and changes, deviations from what you would expect. It's kinda hard to explain. A lot of songs, once you've learned a few main parts, you can play the song all the way through, but with VH stuff you often have to make a project out of every song, because there is so much content and color to seemingly similar parts. A few other guys who IMO did this well were Randy Rhoads, although his style was a little less free or open than EVH, and definately Hendrix. Voodoo Child is a good example of what I am talking about and, IMO, one of the all time masterpieces of guitar playing.

Anyway, I am putting my flame sheilds up at this point, so do your worst! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
rockin500

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 3:25 pm    Post subject: If you could play guitar like anyone?.. Reply with quote

If I could play like anyone itd be the Nuge. Hes one of the best out there. I'd also like to play like Jimi or Slash. Especially slash as he is a rock god.
IcedEarthling

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:38 pm    Post subject: If you could play guitar like anyone?.. Reply with quote

Holy Jebus!!! So many to choose from!! I don't think I'd pick one person, I'd take a mixture of John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Jim Matheos (Fates Warning), Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickinson), Marty Friedman (Crappy techno project -- but former Megadeth/Cacophony), Chris Degarmo (former Queensryche), Roy Z (Bruce Dickinson), and little Chuck Schuldiner (Death) -- just because he rules. All in all, I'd have to say I'd be one kick-ass guitarist!!

But if I could only pick one, I give anything to be able to play like John Petrucci. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
edis0n

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:41 pm    Post subject: If you could play guitar like anyone?.. Reply with quote

Slash. Not the most technically profound, but great taste and feeling to his solos
samsalt1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 5:12 pm    Post subject: If you could play guitar like anyone?.. Reply with quote

i would be a mix between akira takasaki and micheal schenker. a perfect mix of flash and feel. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: