HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poor Grasp on the English Language
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:06 am    Post subject: Poor Grasp on the English Language Reply with quote

Wasted - do yourself a favor, go to a decent bookshop and have a look in a good dictionary. Oxford is the best, but Webster would do just as well. That's all, can't stand this discussion any more. Music?? Favorite bands - Slayer and Napalm Death.
Wasted

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:08 am    Post subject: Poor Grasp on the English Language Reply with quote

Geez, Ron even your music sucks!
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:16 am    Post subject: Poor Grasp on the English Language Reply with quote

Ron-

I think you may need to take a step back, and get a grasp on the fact that we are just having a little fun with these lyrical blunders. Although it's possible that I failed to make that clear in my original post, it's more likely that your reading comprehension skills aren't up to snuff.

As for picking up on the fact, that people make mistakes when they post here... congratulations! I am not sure if you noticed, but the name of this site is HardRadio.com, not PerfectGrammar.com. No one who posts here is anal enough (with the exception of you) to care whether everyone triple-checked their posts for errors, before they sent them. Perhaps we would choose our words more carefully if we were... oh, I don't know... say... putting them out as lyrics?

The Brits always have the greatest lyrics? Listen to any of the Brits? Come now Ron. I would think that someone who fancies himself, being as smart as you clearly fancy yourself to be, would know better than to make blanket statements. The Sex Pistols were British, weren't they Ron? How about the Spice Girls? Shall we continue?

GZ
Wasted

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:16 am    Post subject: Poor Grasp on the English Language Reply with quote

Ron, could you have meant regress?
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:17 am    Post subject: Poor Grasp on the English Language Reply with quote

Ron-

I think you may need to take a step back, and get a grasp on the fact that we are just having a little fun with these lyrical blunders. Although it's possible that I failed to make that clear in my original post, it's more likely that your reading comprehension skills aren't up to snuff.

As for picking up on the fact, that people make mistakes when they post here... congratulations! I am not sure if you noticed, but the name of this site is HardRadio.com, not PerfectGrammar.com. No one who posts here is anal enough (with the exception of you) to care whether everyone triple-checked their posts for errors, before they sent them. Perhaps we would choose our words more carefully if we were... oh, I don't know... say... putting them out as lyrics?

The Brits always have the greatest lyrics? Listen to any of the Brits? Come now Ron. I would think that someone who fancies himself, being as smart as you clearly fancy yourself to be, would know better than to make blanket statements. The Sex Pistols were British, weren't they Ron? How about the Spice Girls? Shall we continue?

GZ
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:34 am    Post subject: Poor Grasp on the English Language Reply with quote

Sex Pistols and Spice Girls have nothing to do with heavy music. But if you are willing not to follow the confines of the genere, have you ever heard of Pink Floyd? Or Manfred Man's Earth Band? Genesis?

And, of course, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Rainbow, etc., etc? Huh? (No, "Huh" is not a band).
Wasted

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:41 am    Post subject: Poor Grasp on the English Language Reply with quote

Ron if you are from Boston, why are you so hot on the Brits? Or are you transplanted here because we have such a great country?
Stark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:43 am    Post subject: Poor Grasp on the English Language Reply with quote

Wasted

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:44 am    Post subject: Poor Grasp on the English Language Reply with quote

Hey Zod, back on the other topic, How is that new Sonata Arctica?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: