HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One minute your headed to a Mariner game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGR_32

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:08 pm    Post subject: One minute your headed to a Mariner game Reply with quote

the next the transfer case blows up and my truck goes flying off the road on fire. The next moment your standing 60 feet away from your Truck as it turns into a ball of Fire shooting smoke a hundred feet into the sky and your sitting there thinking to yourself,
"hey i almost died" plus i had almost 20 cd's in there, including all my Nevermore,Iced Earth,In Flames (yes how Ironic) and several other bands. This is the moment when you realize just how much of a Metalhead you really are, cause i actually thought of going back in to get them. Pretty bright huh?
Truck Totaled. Insurance Company being difficult, and I cant listen to Dead Heart in a Dead Word, or Blackwater park (which i just got the night before) Damn life is strange sometimes.
Something Wicked

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:16 pm    Post subject: One minute your headed to a Mariner game Reply with quote

I never lost any CDs before, but I am very sorry for your loss, man. Hope everything works out for the best.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:42 pm    Post subject: One minute your headed to a Mariner game Reply with quote

Sorry about your truck and CDs dude, but hey, how bout those Mariners? Great pitching, timely hitting by Ichiro and Edgar and Olerud - who needs Junior and A-Rod? Safeco looks pretty cool on TV too. (Excuse the sudden change of subject SGR - just trying to give u a little laugh. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Sounds like u need it.)
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:21 pm    Post subject: One minute your headed to a Mariner game Reply with quote

Dude... that sucks!

Sorry to hear about your accident. If you want me to burn you a copy of some of those CDs, to tide you over, drop me an e-mail.

GZ
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:21 pm    Post subject: One minute your headed to a Mariner game Reply with quote

Dude, that's a tragedy . . . losing all of those prime discs.

Oh yeah, too bad about the truck too. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Ogre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 3:37 pm    Post subject: One minute your headed to a Mariner game Reply with quote

I am very sorry to hear about that incident.

If you haven't done so already, you may want to check your insurance policy right away and ascertain the exact coverage you have, especially regarding mechanical issues/"acts of God". In the event that you have no (or reduced) coverage for mechanical issues/"acts of God" and you believe that the insurance company could take this position (saying that the faulty transfer case caused your truck to be ruined), you will want to proceed very cautiously. Insurance companies, any and all of them, can be "slippery" sometimes. And, for the ones that aren't slippery, I still like to do my part in ensuring that I am not aiding in "making a good Marine go bad." [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Try to give out as little information as possible in your initial contacts with the insurance company. Be sure to not give out any "non-factual" information to your insurance company in this conversation. By this, I mean that you DON'T really know what caused the fire and subsequent damage to your vehicle--the truck may be destroyed as a [b]result of your response[/b] (in which case you probably are covered) to the problem with the transfer case. If they want to contest that argument, that is their option, but don't "help" them by stating that your truck is ruined "as a result of the faulty transfer case" itself. In reality, this is pretty much an issue of semantics, but in terms of coverage it could have a very large impact.

Don't sign anything until you have had a chance to read and understand it fully.

Prior to cashing any "partial payment" checks from the insurance company, be sure that you have some sort of (preferably written) agreement that specifies how much money you are to receive in total. Some courts consider the cashing of a check from an insurance company as your acknowledgement that you have been "paid in full."

Also, if the vehicle (or any relevant parts or relevant repairs/upgrades) are covered by any kind of warrantly. This may help you recoup your losses as well.

Just trying to help. I am not an insurance expert by any means, but I do have a little experience working with them as a result of the nature of my work. It is always fun. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Good luck, man. Keep in mind how lucky you are that neither you nor any anyone else was seriously harmed physically (I assume this is the case since you did not mention it). Things could always have been much, much worse. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 3:44 pm    Post subject: One minute your headed to a Mariner game Reply with quote

Burning cds. Isn't that illegal?

For shame Zod
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Ogre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 4:14 pm    Post subject: One minute your headed to a Mariner game Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Sun:
[b]Burning cds. Isn't that illegal?

For shame Zod
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img][/b]

Per Napster, only if ol' Zod [i]sells[/i] them. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 9:33 pm    Post subject: One minute your headed to a Mariner game Reply with quote

Midnight Sun-

As I said in that post, only to tide him over.

I do download a lot of music, burn it to CD, and then decide whether I want to buy it. It's a very useful tool.

GZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: