HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Put your favorite weapons to good use!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 10:42 pm    Post subject: Put your favorite weapons to good use! Reply with quote

Stop beating the dead horses around here so continually, like mallmetal hating and Metallica/queensryche/judaspriest blahblahblah sucks now and I want to hit my favorite pony with a baseball bat.

Anyways this question was asked a long time ago, but I would like some new answers to it- Which vocalist in the metal/hardrock scene has worked with the most virtuoso(or simply very good) guitarists?

Best I can think of is David Coverdale having worked with Blackmore, Vai, Sykes, and Page. Maybe I'm even missing someone.

Please add on.
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 11:03 pm    Post subject: Put your favorite weapons to good use! Reply with quote

Don't forget Vandenberg!

But, what about a guy like Ozzy? On his own, Ozzy is nothing special. But, he surrounds himself with people like Rhodes, Sarzo, Aldride, Lee, Daisley, Wylde, Castillo, Lemmy, Inez and all the others and he is a legend.

David Lee Roth did well for himself too!!
Bohica

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 9:23 pm    Post subject: Put your favorite weapons to good use! Reply with quote

David Lee Roth DID did do good...
Lets see....
Eddie
Vai
Becker
Bart Walsh

He wanted Yngwie Malmsteen after he left (or was fired, or whatever), but Yngwie declined.

And Graham Bonnett...
Blackmore,
Malmsteen,
Vai,
Impelitteri.
PHDPLUS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 10:33 pm    Post subject: Put your favorite weapons to good use! Reply with quote

Bohica- You win first prize for the most correct answer. You forgot that Bonnet also worked with virtuoso Michael Schenker. Now, you've got the who's who of virtuosos, all with Bonnet- need we say more? I think not!
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:50 pm    Post subject: Put your favorite weapons to good use! Reply with quote

Damn I forgot about Bonnet, but I didn't know he worked with Vai. Was that in Alcatrazz?
Stark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 3:52 pm    Post subject: Put your favorite weapons to good use! Reply with quote

Hey, you forgot Bonnet has also worked with Bob Kulick in the band Blackthorne (where Bruce Kulick also guested). A highly underrated dead-heavy album! The other musicians weren't half-assed either: Franki Banali, Jimmy Waldo and Chuck Wright!
Bohica

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 4:21 pm    Post subject: Put your favorite weapons to good use! Reply with quote

Yes, Vai played on Disturbing the Peace. This was the only Alcatrazz album he played on. It was released in 1986 I believe. Then Steve went onto DLR, and was replaced by Chuck Wright (I believe).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: