HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top 10 ways to bring back glam rock by robetrt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Zod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 12:12 pm    Post subject: Top 10 ways to bring back glam rock by robetrt Reply with quote

slavettgrind-

Cool.

I have heard more than a few people put down that disc as just a grunge disc... which always just sets me off. I always felt that Cornell never got his just due as a vocalist.

GZ
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 8:32 pm    Post subject: Top 10 ways to bring back glam rock by robetrt Reply with quote

I hear ya.
I feel that way when Generation Swine is described as being made by a guy with dreadlocks(all kinds of accusations in that one statement).

For the record, Tommy had short hair at the timne of Swine. The dreads came after his jail time over a year later.

And Swine was not their attempt to be relevant to what was going on in 1997, but more of them wanting to do something a little different now that the same formula was back together. I am one of the few, the proud, the brave to supposrt Swine. And if anyone here does not like Swine(i.e. all of you) go ahead and comment or don't. It will have no effect on me. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Lars37

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 8:38 pm    Post subject: Top 10 ways to bring back glam rock by robetrt Reply with quote

Zod,

A semi-serious question:

Have you ever seen Soundgarden live? I haven't, but in every live recording I've heard from them, and especially on their Saturday Night Live appearance, he sounds like sh!t.
It makes me wonder if he's just a studio singer, who can't cut it live? I'd like others' opinions, especially if you've seen him perform. How did he sound when you saw him?
Lars37

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 8:40 pm    Post subject: Top 10 ways to bring back glam rock by robetrt Reply with quote

Templar,

"rubbertwat" - now THAT'S funny!!!

I think I'll laugh all the way to the Burger King!!!! ( earlier Bob "insult" )
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 8:47 pm    Post subject: Top 10 ways to bring back glam rock by robetrt Reply with quote

But that was only in response to other insults toward him. He says he only responded to insults. he is such the victim here LOL
robetrt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 10:07 pm    Post subject: Top 10 ways to bring back glam rock by robetrt Reply with quote

Try watching Soundgarden live in Paris opening for Guns & Roses, if you want to see a good live show by them.

thanks, rubberwat
Sebitchian Bitch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 10:18 pm    Post subject: Top 10 ways to bring back glam rock by robetrt Reply with quote

In my opinion, the only grunge bands that were ever worth a sh*t were Alice in Chains, and to a lesser extent Soundgarden. One of the reasons why I dislike grunge is because it allowed dregs of society to become millionaires, and basically put a death mask on pop culture. These talentless dirtbags became MTV poster boys, made it to where you didn't need talent, all you needed was a "social-political" message, and like I've said before on this board, once MTV saw that depressed teens=$$$$$$$, it became a whole new ballgame
Mordax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 10:34 pm    Post subject: Top 10 ways to bring back glam rock by robetrt Reply with quote

Lars,

Cornell was AWESOME live when I saw Soundgarden on the second Lollapolloza tour.

Everyone has on and off nights... he was definitely on that day.
Valhallen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 11:05 pm    Post subject: Top 10 ways to bring back glam rock by robetrt Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sebitchian Bitch:
[b]Don't you just love on how on all of those "history of rock" shows on VH1, they always make a big deal of how grunge killed off glam, but you never hear a peep, on how grunge fizzled out? It makes me think something fishy is going on at Viacom, and that MTV truly did have a plan to kill off metal[/b]

I believe it to be true. The virus MTV were very methodical on destroying the U.S. Metal movement in the early 90s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: