HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#1 "ARTIST" all alone in his white boy pain.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robetrt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 8:08 pm    Post subject: #1 "ARTIST" all alone in his white boy pain. Reply with quote

I dont know if you guys have heard Rockin the suburbs on the radio or not. It is a real funny song about bands Limp bizkit and Rage. Anyway vote here for the artist you think should get the all alone in his white boy pain award. My vote is Fred " I'm feelin those lighters Durst. I watched before they where rock stars the other day and Fred was on in a black turtle neck rapping away.
I laughed so hard I almost hurled!!!!!!
Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 9:38 pm    Post subject: #1 "ARTIST" all alone in his white boy pain. Reply with quote

The funniest part about him is that while he tries to pretend to be such a true rapper on stage, off stage he is very clear that he wants to get away from performing and get to the business end of music where he can really make money. A year or so ago I saw an article in either Newsweek or U.S. News about this whole movement of raprock bands (I forget the term the magazine used). He made it very clear he was already tired of performing and recording (and I don't even think their newest one was out yet), and wanted to start managing and running a label. LOL. This is indeed a poor boy off the streets wanting to get the message out.
Daronas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 5:33 am    Post subject: #1 "ARTIST" all alone in his white boy pain. Reply with quote

In the grand scheme of things, who really gives a fukk?
Wasted

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 5:40 am    Post subject: #1 "ARTIST" all alone in his white boy pain. Reply with quote

Daronas, I like your attitude!!!!!!!
Coda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 7:55 am    Post subject: #1 "ARTIST" all alone in his white boy pain. Reply with quote

Within 5 years noone in the industry will want anything to do with him. People hate him more then Vanillia Ice & Poison now [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Sebitchian Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 12:53 pm    Post subject: #1 "ARTIST" all alone in his white boy pain. Reply with quote

I second that
THE MIGHTY THOR INTREPID

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 6:21 pm    Post subject: #1 "ARTIST" all alone in his white boy pain. Reply with quote

Most (if not all "popular") radio stations hire consultants to tell the program directors what is "hot" and "now". To get around the payolla laws, the labels payoff (money, trips, tickets, drugs, etc.) the consultants and tell them to tell the radio stations to play their new pet product (yes, product - pahtooie :yuck [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]. That is why you are oversaturated with Staind, Limp Bisquick, etc.

Now this next part is only speculation, but I maintain that the same thing is happening with the guitar magazines too. How do bands like Slipknot and Korn make the covers, with large write-ups, while Nevermore (very tasteful "shred"), Iced Earth (ultra tight rythm playing ), etc. are never covered to any extent. Yeah, yeah, I read that that Mick guy from Slipknot can shred, but until proven it is hearsay.

Enough of the soapbox - sorry I am in an ornery mood [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

THOR INTREPID
[url=http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/58/ezra_stone.html]EZRA STONE[/url]
Sebitchian Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 9:29 pm    Post subject: #1 "ARTIST" all alone in his white boy pain. Reply with quote

Are the payola laws only restricted to radio stations or does it apply to both radio and music videos?
syl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 9:45 pm    Post subject: #1 "ARTIST" all alone in his white boy pain. Reply with quote

sorry THOR I don't buy that...

If that was true, then Bizkit and the others could spend the extra money they make from the consultants work on hiring more consultans. And make even more money, and spend it on even more consultants........

so why is Manson's career dead then?
he's got plenty enough money to bribe a few consultants!??!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: