HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tired of Stores That Don't Stock METAL !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 7:48 pm    Post subject: Tired of Stores That Don't Stock METAL ! Reply with quote

I'm sure many of you like me buy alot of your cds on line or by mail order for one reason, the damn stores don't carry alot of metal titles ! Sam Goody forget it,The Warehouse not much better. Now I'm talking stuff that you may never see in the used bin and you gotta buy new. Tower Records has a pretty good and current stock,but be prepared to drop $ 20.00 on one disc. Man that can hurt! So what to we do,we order and wait,no instant gradification here.Don't you think we should be able to walk in a store pick up a disc buy it and enjoy it that day?
Valhallen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:34 pm    Post subject: Tired of Stores That Don't Stock METAL ! Reply with quote

I mostly go the record stores to buy used CDs. Rarely do I ever buy new CDs at stores anymore. I order those online. That way I get better prices and better selections.
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 11:00 pm    Post subject: Tired of Stores That Don't Stock METAL ! Reply with quote

I used to love it when I lived in England, there was this fantastic record shop in Newcastle called Windows, and most of the staff there were metalheads. Of course, they carried all the chart stuff (at cheaper prices than the chains), but they ALWAYS had new metal releases in on the day of release. In fact, often they would be playing them on the store's sound system. The day I dragged my workmate in there on our lunch break and they were playing Yngwie Malmsteen's "The Seventh Sign" album will forever live in my memory....

Oh, and they used to have hundreds of great imports too.

Of course, now I live in America I have no such joys....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RATTQUEEN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 11:52 pm    Post subject: Tired of Stores That Don't Stock METAL ! Reply with quote

live4metal,
Um dude go to the Pawn shops. This is great for two reasons. One you can get many Metal Disk and for a low cost. you take the Cd home with you that day. I have gotten many cool Metal Cd's at pawn shops, Or go to Disk Go Round they to have low priced used Cd's and I have found tons of Metal disk there. Yes, you could go to a pawn shop and spend about 5 dollars, and sometimes the cd's have skips, but not always. I have gotten some great disk and for the most part have gotten Cd's that don't have any skips, but you have to think low price and where can you get some great Metal Tunes the same day you want to listen to the disk... You could go to Sam Goodie and they do have some great Metal disk, but they are expensive and you may, or may not find what you are looking for. You can also go to: [url=http://www.cdnow.com]http://www.cdnow.com[/url]
Yes just look up the artist you want and all Cd's will be displayed. Except Cdnow is kind of expensive and you have to wait a few weeks to get your order. Also, look online for people giving away Cd's.. This is great because some people want to trade, or just sell thier Cd's. The only problem you might find with that is; you might get some crook, who just wanted your money.. I would say your best places are Pwan shops and Disk Go Round. If you have those places where you live. Believe me I am the one with Metal disk up the woo-zoo and didn't pay much for most of these Cd's that I got the same day I looked at them...!!! You see there is hope!!
I come to bring good news. You may thank me later!!
Rattqueen/Pearcy
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:59 am    Post subject: Tired of Stores That Don't Stock METAL ! Reply with quote

Seriously - write a letter to the manager of the store about it. Don't sound like a whiny high school kid or anything, make it smart and articulate and very serious, and they'll be scared to ignore you. It can't hurt, and it might just get them to kick things into gear.
Raider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 5:11 am    Post subject: Tired of Stores That Don't Stock METAL ! Reply with quote

Ironically enough, I actually discovered a store down here that has a decent selection. Not great, but it has some surprises. However, I still mostly buy only used stuff, because no regular store has prices as good as the online stores I visit (even when the addition of S&H charges is counted)
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 8:10 am    Post subject: Tired of Stores That Don't Stock METAL ! Reply with quote

I honestly can't blame the record stores for this. The fact of the matter is; not that many people listen to metal in the US.

I hate Sam Goody. I wouldn't buy anything in that store, even if they carried something that I actually listen to. However, they would stock 10,000 Iced Earth CDs if they thought they would sell them all.

Any retail establishment, whether it be a video store, a CD store, a vitamin store, etc., has a limited amount of space. And with that space, they are only going to stock the best selling merchandise.

GZ
live4metal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:25 pm    Post subject: Tired of Stores That Don't Stock METAL ! Reply with quote

Great advise from everyone! That's why I dig this site. Alot of intelligent & informed metal heads! And Rattqueen, that's the most coherant post I've ever read from U. You did'nt even mention Ratt or Pearcy once!
Daronas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 2:36 pm    Post subject: Tired of Stores That Don't Stock METAL ! Reply with quote

No problem here. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: