HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Erasing history
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Subtraction

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 9:54 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

Wow, I have been away for too long!

I would have jumped in and said some stuff, but it seems as if Tyranno usually says what I want to say before me and in a much better way hahaha.

One thing I wanted to say is that I have used the term hair metal, cockrock and whatever else plenty of times in my 21 year life, and it is very understandable how someone would be offended by it. But now it has become a term that we all use and in most cases, not a bad way. But I would also like to point out that the fact that I use that word does not make me less of a music fan and someone who would say that really needs to think about that. That seriously offends me. And above all does not make any sense. If I want to joke around and insult the way the bands of the 80's dressed, then who cares. If you do care then you aren't really getting what I am saying. I can totally love someones music and think they look really dumb! I like Kiss but would never jump into bed with Paul Stanley's chest hair! When guys wear more makeup than me and used more hairspray...well I think that's funny, SO WHAT? That doesn't take away from the fact that they are great musicians. I mean, that was the style back then, and now it's not. But they music was still great and that is what I care about. People who rag on others for making fun of the way that 80's bands dressed are only hinting to others that they care too much about the image of bands. Image is just something we can't get away from though. With TV and album cover art and t-shirts, it's just annavoidable. This is just the way society is and though there are a few people that don't care about the way things look, I find it hard to believe anyone that says they don't.

Anyways, enough of that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rockangel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 10:12 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

"When guys wear more makeup than me and used more hairspray...well I think that's funny"

I'm with Subtraction here. And I'll add I find any guy who spends more time than me fixing their hair and putting on makeup slightly disturbing. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Give me a real man anyday! And that includes the my bands for the most part. While the music is always number one. Much like many of you guys I like my eye candy to at least look like men. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
scraggy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 11:11 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

Led Zepplin - Just cuz i'm so fking sick of hearing about how they started metal and are the only good metal band ever by the old fart baby boomers. Sabbath started metal, and don't you forget it!

S
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 2:47 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

Makeup is the work of Satan. I hate makeup on chicks or guys. You must be hideously scarred in the facial region to rely on makeup for looks. It's fun for Halloween though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: