HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Erasing history
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 4:11 am    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

What a moron...

Desslar you rock bro!
Lars37

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 6:23 am    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

Lover of 80's,

I have a life - that's why I don't have "5,900 CD's" - if I had no life, I'd buy every sh!t-shingle anyone released.

And go on living in your little self-aggrandizing world - just because you tinkle the ivories ( like such luminaries as Elton John and Liberace - obvious influences ), you sit in a corner, sucking your thumb ( or something ) and whispering to yourself, " I know all about metal, Trixter wrote great hooks, 5900 CD's, 5900 CD's, I'm an expert, etc. etc." - sounds like fun, "dude".
Raider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 6:48 am    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

Well, I suspected you were the brightest when I first saw that post. You just confirmed it.
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 7:33 am    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

HOLY Sh.it!!!, a few weeks back when I saw this topic posted I avoided it on purpose because I kinda thought the usual bands would have been thrown into the "erasing history" mix like [b]Nirvana, Korn, Lump Bisquick[/b], etc. I really didn't think it would get anywhere beyond that but boy was I wrong! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

After 90+ posts I figured it was time to read some of the posts. I was brought right back to the time I registered on this board in January with Mfan ruffling everyone's feathers and with no room for anyone to disagree with him.

I find this utterly amusing and hope that Scorchin let's it go on (there's really no harm in these posts). With all that's going on in the world it's nice to be able to get a break and enjoy a good laugh.

For the record I'm a huge 80's fan while at the same time enjoy many of the 90's TRUE metal bands.

As far as keeping with topic of "Erasing History" (I know I'll get crap for this), the one band that I would like to see never to have existed would be, [b]The Sex Pistols[/b]. Although there may be a few more melodic sounding Punk bands that I can deal with, for the most part I could care less if the Punk scene ever existed and I think the [b]Sex Pistols[/b] were a huge part of the punk movement. [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Lars37

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 9:23 am    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

Well, Ic,

While I disagree with your desire to erase the Pistols ( I was a HUGE fan when they hit the scene - the perfect antidote for Yes, Genesis, ELP, etc. ), I can only say that if they never existed, someone else would have started the Punk movement. Some would say that the Ramones did, anyway - they were around a little earlier than the Pistols, they just didn't make the media splash that the Pistols did.
The same can easily be said of any musical movement - if the Beatles hadn't existed, someone else would've done something similar, same for Hendrix, Sabbath, Van Halen, Motorhead, and so on and on. Someone just had to be first.
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 10:15 am    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]Come on Lars let's put the gloves on! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I was under the impression that punk was started in Britain, and I thought berfore the Ramones. I always thought the Pistols were jamming well before the Ramones.
robetrt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:07 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

Hey, POWERMETAL-Now has 5901 cds. His new one is called "I had Oral Sex with Brett Michaels 4 5900 cds" kick arse [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Minister of Propaganda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:36 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

godofmanyscreennames, still flaming in all caps.

Guess some things never change...

...you can't polish a turd.
PHDPLUS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 1:17 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

Speaking of "you can't polish a turd", on behalf of THE GREAT BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD, we should erase Boner from U2, Winger, Bon Blow Me, and the midget lead singer pedophile from Accept. Yea yea that about does it yea, thank you drive thru.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: