HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

songs u never ever want to hear again
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pontiouspirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

here are 10 songs i cant stand to hear again in my lifetime---if u can think of some let us know.

rock n roll all nite (KISS) this is there most famous song, and if the weak lyrics dont make you o.d. then maybe the more than 1 minute repeat of the chorus will.

bohemian rhapsody (QUEEN) i use to love this band until i found metal---this has been played to death and now rates as a must not hear.

dude looks like a lady (AEROSMITH) everyone seems to think this is such a classic---maybe it isa classic compared to the tired songs theyve written lately, but i still hate it and someone cork the trombone players.

silent lucidity (QUEENSRYCHE) a rather insipid boring ballad that just leaves me feeling dead and cold.

another brick in the wall (PINK FLOYD) i was into floyd fora long time but even when i was this song was fast forwarded as were there rediculous offspring.

tom sawyer (RUSH) just a boring song that geddy lee doesnt even sound enthousiastic over. and his keyboard solo is just devoid of any trace of life---yuck.

unforgiven 2 (METALLICA) i really like the less metal original on the black album. this is a filler song with a harder edge and new lyrics---i even like the pathtic better than you over this crap.

crush em (MEGADETH) i knew the album was gonna stink when this was the first video. this is dave at his sobering all time lowest.

again (LENNY KRAVITZ) this made number 1 for several weaks---its all in the playlist of mtv how far a song will go---no power to this song and the acognizing repeat of the dull chorus just shows the majority of american music buyers are spoon fed gluttons of the anti-christ better known as m(orons) t(elevision) v(iewing). by far this is the worst song n my list.

turbo lover (JUDAS PRIEST) such a gay song for a metal giant---the synthsizer guitar and keyboard made the whole cd unlistenable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Subtraction

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

quote:
turbo lover (JUDAS PRIEST) such a gay song for a metal giant---the synthsizer guitar and keyboard made the whole cd unlistenable.

hehehehe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nitro4040

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by pontiouspirate:
[b]turbo lover (JUDAS PRIEST) such a gay song for a metal giant---the synthsizer guitar and keyboard made the whole cd unlistenable.[/b]

I am still waiting for this song to start jamming.
samsalt1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by nitro4040:
[b]I am still waiting for this song to start jamming.[/b]

Its now been 15 years and I`m still standing next to my turntable, slack-jawed and in shock over the travesty that is/was turbo. I stand and watch the vinyl spin and spin, waiting for something that remotely[B] sounds like "freewheel burning". It goes around and around and around and around and............. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 5:23 am    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

Being a keyboard player i totally dig TURBO.
Some GREAT songs on that album.

For the most part if a band doesn't use keys then they are limiting themselves immensely.
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:23 am    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

keys and real metal dont mix...
not bashing keys they have their place...
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:24 am    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

you dont see keys at a slayer gig do you?
JosephC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by pontiouspirate:
[b]

.....that just leaves me feeling dead and cold.

[/b]

That's a problem? A lot of my favorite music makes me feel exactly like that and that's why I love it.
Nightofthecrime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:06 am    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

Turbo bashing is so pathetic. When the album came out it was one of their biggest and the tour still is Priest's biggest to date.

A few years later the band starts bashing the album, to promote their new, heavier, thrashier and trendier direction. All poser sheep fans follow and start saying "Turbo is crap", "I never liked it", etc.

I understand some people may not like Turbo, personally I don't like Ram it Down very much, but all this trendy poser Turbo bashing is just proof that some fans do anything their idols tell them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: