HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bands that BEST describe your taste in Metal
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:54 am    Post subject: Bands that BEST describe your taste in Metal Reply with quote

I was sitting here listening to Testament, the "Souls Of Black" CD, when I thought, "man, this is my kind of metal"... Testament's style, especially on albums before "The Gathering" or "Demonic", is my bag of flarpo... I can drop any of thier albums in and listen to it in it's entirety. Yeah, I am a Dokken fan, as most of you know; but I think Testament best describes MY personal "taste" in Metal.

So, name just ONE band that pretty much sums up your personal taste in Metal...

NP - Testament "Malpractice"
...(_E\/|/\TH/\N
Ungodly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 10:43 am    Post subject: Bands that BEST describe your taste in Metal Reply with quote

For me it would be Overkill. Totally heavy. Relentless bass and drums together gives it that driving, pounding sound. I love it.

I to think that "Souls Of Black" is a great cd. It is easily one of my all time favs. I remember waiting and buying that one the day it was released. I have liked Testament from the begining. I even like the new stuff. I think "The Gathering" is best so far since the band went through their change per-say.

I think Death Angel "Act III" is agreat one as well.

Ungodly.
woosta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: Bands that BEST describe your taste in Metal Reply with quote

Accept. I remember when I first saw pictures of Accept, I thought "who would listen to such an ugly ****er singing songs?". Then I got Metal Heart and it changed my life. I took a train trip to Florida from PA and I had that tape, "Defenders of the Faith" and "WASP". Metal Heart musta been played 50 times total down and back and I have just loved everything German ever since. Germany provides something in their songs that other countries just don't have IMO.
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: Bands that BEST describe your taste in Metal Reply with quote

I'm going to have to go with [b]C.O.C.[/b]
Started out hardcore...
Dabbled in 80's metal...
and then chilled out to a comfortable groove.

I'm a rock 'n' roller.
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Bands that BEST describe your taste in Metal Reply with quote

Pain Of Salvation. They have everything.
FALCON

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Bands that BEST describe your taste in Metal Reply with quote

I am going the check in with Evergrey, they have all the Power, Vibe, Presence, and Charisma to cover many great facets of the styles I love. Guitar is in the dual attack format, keys abound are lush and spacious, and the vox are intense, metallic and unique.
SGR_32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Bands that BEST describe your taste in Metal Reply with quote

Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Icon
Cradle of Filth
Savatage
Iron Maiden
Dimmu Borgir
Helloween
Loudness
Overkill
Therion
Mayhem
Motorhead
Twisted Sister
White Sister
Judas Priest
Black Label Society
The Gathering
Anathema
Death
Iced Earth
In Flames
Nevermore
Queensryche
Anthrax
Slayer
Blind Guardian
Exodus
Riot
Singery
Gamma Ray
Diecide
Raise Hell
Hammerfall
Dissection
My Dying Bride
Primal Fear
Deceased
nightwish
tristiania
Opeth
rotting christ
fates warning
rush
gwar
bloodbath
stratavarious
Manowar
Soilent Green

need i go on?
[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: Bands that BEST describe your taste in Metal Reply with quote

That's ONE long band name....
It's almost like a long list of some killer bands!
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Armitage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: Bands that BEST describe your taste in Metal Reply with quote

W.A.S.P.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: