HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATANICBLACK IS GOD!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 1999 1:02 am    Post subject: SATANICBLACK IS GOD! Reply with quote

I dont think its satanic enough. where are satans horns? it cant be satanic unless theres a big evil looking satan in the picture.
Nightanimal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 1999 2:34 am    Post subject: SATANICBLACK IS GOD! Reply with quote

Being Satanic has nothing to do with the devil.
The devil was created by christianity.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 1999 1:44 pm    Post subject: SATANICBLACK IS GOD! Reply with quote

Could you explain then what it means?
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 1999 2:53 pm    Post subject: SATANICBLACK IS GOD! Reply with quote

Hey, I seriously dig being an atheist. And I only wear devil horns on my head when I want to be completely redundant.
Brian123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 1999 4:28 pm    Post subject: SATANICBLACK IS GOD! Reply with quote

Can you explain what the word satan in satanic means or stands for? I always thought that satan was the same as the devil? Liar, cheater and deceiver. I must say that if you believe there is a devil or satan, then there is God. I don't see how your name represents what you believe?
Raider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 1999 7:39 pm    Post subject: SATANICBLACK IS GOD! Reply with quote

Okay, Brian, I don't know much about satanism, and had always thought the same question you did, but when Nightanimal first came to the board he explained their beliefs to some degree, and here's what I've gathered from him and a few other satanists on other boards.

Satanists (at least those that go by Levay's teachings) are more or less atheists. They use satan as a symbol of their hatred of religion. And that includes all religions, not just Christianity. I guess they pick on it the most because they secretly suspect it's real and get all pissed [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] (no offense, Nightanimal, I'm just messin' with ya.)

But they believe in neither God nor the devil. It's all just symbols and imagery to them.

If I got something wrong, Nightanimal will soon correct me.
Nightanimal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 1999 12:10 am    Post subject: SATANICBLACK IS GOD! Reply with quote

Here we go again.
As always overmuch is wrong but at least Raider seems to have an open mind to pay attention and listen a little.
You know even if you are religious or atheist it would help if you at least read the Satanic bible or something by LaVey before you start trashing it or talking about it.
I've read the holy bible numerous times and was drug from church to church til I was 14 so I'm not just talking off the top of my head.
Satan to me represents the power of the earth and nature.
LaVey choose the word Satanism to spark the flame for his philosophy.
In a world that is taught to believe the holy bible and christianity what better way is there than using the word satan to be the name of foundations.
We are our own gods and life is what we make it.
Raider is right that we don't just oppose the christian view,it is all religion.
We feel that the need to believe in gods and saviors and false god mythos is illogical,when you can take the energy and time trying to get in heaven or whatever else your trying to do,and spend it on improving yourself and your life.
The power of life is here on earth and in nature and having the ability to tap that power through magic.
To much time is spent by people worried about getting into heaven and pleasing someone to get there.
No one knows what comes after death,so why worry about it until it happens.
To take the word of a book that wasn't even written anywhere near the beginning of time,and put your soul in that trust so loosely isn't wise.
With Satanism and science being more truthful and fact base.
It makes me wonder how people think religion is going to help.
I want to thank raider for at least paying attention and picking up on some of our beliefs.
Because the fact is my mother is christian and I don't hate her.
We don't talk about religion much but she respects my beliefs so I give her the same benifit.
One of my best friends is catholic and doesn't like my beliefs and I don't like his but we are still good friends and just don't talk about religion because we are complete opposites on the subject.
I guess what I am getting at here is that we don't dislike a person just because of their beliefs if we can respect each other.
But I think organized religion is nothing more than a sham.
It amazes me how people can't even get past our name.
Someone like raider it seems is someone I could at least talk to without being enraged just because he choose to believe in something other than I do.
At least he did some listening in all the flame wars.
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 1999 12:30 am    Post subject: SATANICBLACK IS GOD! Reply with quote

Thanks for repeating that. I somehow missed it when you talked about it before.

I don't have much different problems than you concerning religions, but im wondering why you have to call yourself a satanist instead of just saying that you dont believe in religions. Why do you need to have a symbol against religion? Somehow it seems to me that opposing religion so directly only attracts greater attention to it, and gives ignorant people the wrong view about you.
OverMuch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 1999 12:31 am    Post subject: SATANICBLACK IS GOD! Reply with quote

It means that instead of believing in God or the Devil, you find fufillment in symbolysm, practicing a bunch of rituals and chants, and talking about gods and devils instead of being a good little atheist.

...sounds awful like....I dunno...a religion?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: