HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 3:25 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

Maybe you could think better without those pictures of naked boys on your monitor.
Zej

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 3:31 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

Long post coming up. Sorry if it bores ya to death.

This is mostly to Godof80's. And, BTW, it might get me on his bad side, but that's not my intention. Hope he reads between the lines.

GodOf80's,

I had been reading thru this forum a few weeks before I decided to post. I'm the kind of guy who likes to really think what he wants to say before blurting it out. I guess I like to word my sentences carefully. I never intend to offend anyone. Fact is, in Mexico, the music I listen to is generally laughed at. I have a rough time getting people to go to a darn concert with me because they either:

a) think my music is too loud (and too loud includes Winger et al for some people)
b) think my music is out of fashion
c) don't know who any of my bands are

So I'm a loner here. My g/f is very respectful but she basically sat thru Dream Theater, winced thru Mötley Crüe and almost left during Megadeth.

What I'm saying here is I've never really cared what people think of my music. Look at NightBreed: he's said if someone likes Racer X he blowes. Does that make me hate him? Of course not. If he doesn't like Racer X it's his problem, not mine. So I'm not gonna go get my undies in a wad over his post. And, to tell the truth, NightBreed is a very decent fellow.

I think you, GO8, are a very intelligent person, highly passionate about what you like and must have quite an impressive collection. But none of that makes you any better than anyone. You keep saying you knocked people of their throne. What throne? I've been here less than a month and already I feel in the company of friends. And friends, mind you, have different tastes.

My best friend HATES my music. He listens to Enya and Yanni and the closest thing to my taste is Pink Floyd. And THAT is his heavy side. He would think Bon Jovi is an instrument of the devil. And yet, he still is my best friend. Am I supposed to yell at him everytime he calls Queensr’che "garbage"?

People have differing tastes in music, and you, as a person with such an open mind as you say you have, should know that better than anyone else. You post some really smart stuff. You know a great deal about music I could never aspire to learn. Be content with that fact.

So if someone says Racer X bites, IT'S HIS GOD GIVEN CONSTITUTIONAL AND HUMAN RIGHT, for crying out loud.

Just as RattQueen has a right to post how much she would love to belly dance for Pearcy, and just as MartinPopoffSucks can enjoy suggesting "save the drama for your mama"(and what is up with overusing the phrase?), then everyone here has a right to say WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT.

No one here, as far as I can recall reading, has EVER told you to shut up. In fact, most people have said you're quite a smart and knowledgeable guy, and I'm sure it's true. In my opinion, you only happen to be very defensive and passionate. Not that it's bad, but you tend to show it with aggression.

As an outsider, I can see why people call you a flamer. However, I'm sure you're not. MartinPopoffSucks, now THAT is a flamer. That guy is a troll. I haven't read a single interesting musical post from him, and he only knows how to attack people.

Are you and MPS the same person? I don't know. If you are (you're both very anti-Popoff), then it's quite the childish way to act by having two names. But I'm willing to bet you're not the same person for one single reason: As GodOf80's, you've never hesitated to speak your mind. Which means you DON'T NEED an alter ego, methinks. And the glaring difference is, however aggressive you are at times, he's just annoying. For that reason I ignore him. RattQueen, on the other hand, is not a troll. She's just quirky. I wouldn't know how to handle a conversation with her (BTW, I like Ratt as well), but I don't think of her as a troll.

And you're not one either.

But if you want to have people respect you, then respect them back.

GO8, I'll give you an example:

At several junctures, you've ended you're posts calling certain people Backstreet Boys lovers or Pearl Jam fans. And, though I don't think they're insults per se, NO ONE ever said they liked the Backstreet Boys OR Pearl Jam (the last one is more likely).

I mean, think about it. Why would you call someone a Backstreet Boys lover if they are quite the contrary, and obviously, defending metal?

I'm pretty sure people here might think my collection very un-metal. Let me list some CDs they'd hate: Poison, Winger, Trixter, Bon Jovi, Slaughter, Firehouse, Vixen, Extreme, Enuff Z'nuff, Danger Danger, Mr. Big, Jackyl, Bulletboys, Warrant, Every Mother's Nightmare, House of Lords, LA Guns, Neverland, Nelson, Pretty Boy Floyd, Tuff, Tyketto, War Babies, XYZ.

But I'm sure some of my CDs they'd like: Queensr’che, Mötley, Scorpions, Van Halen, Dream Theater, Pink Cream 69, Metallica, Megadeth, Dangerous Toys, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, W.A.S.P., Ozzy Osbourne, Rainbow, Iron Maiden.

Well, regardless of what my tastes are, and regardless of what people like, I'm here to share, learn, talk and meet friends.

Why do you say you "won" when people leave? What exactly did you win? Is there a prize?

On the other hand, whenever anyone mentions trolls or flamers, you directly go ahead and point out the flaws in everyone else's posts. But when someone points out those in yours, you get worked up.

You claim people shouldn't read threads about music they don't know, and thus can't have an opinion about. OK, I half agree. I think people cannot have an opinion about something they don't know, but they CAN read the thread. How else is anyone supposed to learn new music? I've never listened to In Flames. I'm pretty sure it's not my cup of tea, but after all the positive comments I've read here I'm willing to listen to their music to see if it might fit my liking.

First of all, I do not want you to take this the wrong way. Although many here may think it a blind attempt at suicide and a waste of time, I don't care what they think. I'm sure you are not as bad as they say you are.

Second, when I say bad it's because, from an outsider's point of view, it is you, not them, who goes on rampaging assaults on people. I'm sure you feel you're only defending your views, but I must insist that the way you do it is wrong. If you REALLY dislike someone, ignore them. It works best.

Third, I know some people here are at some moments just trying to rub you the wrong way on purpose. Well, ignore them. Or take it as a joke. Whatever.

If I were to take seriously all the comments here about the music I like, I'd be more angry in my life than I've ever been. But hey, if someone dislikes Bon Jovi so much they'd rather eat their own children than seeing Bon Jovi live, I'm fine with it. Why?

Because if you forget the music, we're all just people. If someone likes Death Metal, it's fine by me. That doesn't mean we can't be friends (and I have friends who hate my music but love DM).

As corny as it sounds, it's true. When one is behind a keyboard it's easy to insult people. It's easy to call them gay or faggots or c*cksuckers or @ssw”pes or d”ckhe@ds.

But would you really call Nightbreed a jerk*ff in person? I mean, have you seen the size of that guy? [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

What I'm saying is, there is no need to get rough and offensive. You can always calmly say what you think, express your views and defend your music without the need of getting cocky about it.

MetalFilm, Metal1 and MetalRider, to name a few, are very intelligent people. You can see it in the way they write. However, you call them ignorant and point out how stupid they are whenever they disagree with you. I'm sorry to say it is the truth. Whenever they say something you don't like you get mad. Why?

I know you say that THEY are the ones who get offensive when their views are disagreed upon. I'm sorry to say that is rarely the case. As human beings, they have, on many occasions attacked you and gotten angry with perhaps not enough reason. But if it comes to a balancing act, you heavily outweigh them when it comes to overreacting.

Nobody's perfect. Not them, not you, not me, no one. Life stinks that way.

Are you married, or have a girlfriend? If yes, does she have the same tastes as you? I'm guessing not, but if so you'd be very lucky. And if you're single, do you really expect someone to have your exact same tastes? I'm sure not.

Listen, I don't want to argue with you, or get into a fight with you. Like I said, I am very careful about how I write things because to me, every name behind the screen is a human being with feelings. I do not wish to offend you, or attack you. I want you to see how, from the other side, you have acted a bit aggressively and irrationally.

I plead to your intelligence and knowledge of music to see that people here only want a good time. And if they don't like your music, maybe you'll find you DO share a passion for, say, a certain basketball team. I dunno. Maybe I'm just reaching here, but I'm sure you're a nice guy and the only problem is that you're so passionate you sometimes let it get out of hand.

You're only a year older than I am, with similar musical tastes (but I love Slang, brother), a similar birthdate and quite the passion for music. We CAN be friends. But I have to tell you the truth: you HAVE to calm down, breath, and type, anger on the side, what you want to say without the need of dire insults.

I am trying to be quite neutral at this. At certain point, you attacked someone for what you claimed was a "godlike behavior". I for one, do not want to be attacked as such. I'm just treying to help get this board into a state in which EVERYONE is welcome. Or are we really gonna boot anyone who doesn't share our views. I for one, like it here and don't want to leave. But I'm not here to fight it out everyday. I get enough of that at work.

By now, I could bring the guitar out and have everyone sing "Imagine". I'm corny, I know, and idealistic. Well, phuck that. I just want to have fun, meet people and enjoy life as much as possible.

Read what I say carefully many times before responding, GodOf80's. I really want you to take this like a good-natured, well-thought and carefully-worded statement, because that's what it is. I hope you don't take any other way.

As for MPS and ScottRice and other such scum, I can't even talk to them. You're better than them and I'm sure you know it.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Peace.
edis0n

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 3:41 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

well put Zej.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 3:52 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

zej - very well put.
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 4:46 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

Well - i should respond Zej. First of all i want to clear up the fact that MartinPopoffSucks is my twin brother (i'm serious) and that's why we have the same views on music. Secondly, I have never called anyone names for not liking what i like - i simply defend a particular band because i believe that person hasn't heard enough of that band to form an opinion. If you don't like Racer X then oh well - like you said , it ain't my problem. Who was the jerk who started a thread with if you like Foreigner you're gay. Wasn't me - and i have never posted a thread with that.
I also believe guys like Metalfilm and Metal1 are probably knowledgable guys and i don't always agree with them but that's ok - i guarantee you that whenever you look at past threads it is not me who starts throwing the shyte around first.
It's no secret that i have a massive collection and i love my AOR / Melodic Hard Rock / Power / Prog Metal / NWOBHM / Traditional metal - basically anything that isn't grunge sounding or "nu" metal. I certainly haven't called anyone a fag for liking grunge as others have to me for liking Nelson and Winger. When people say they like Grunge that's fine - but that person just lost some Brownie points with me - simple as that.
I only get riled up when idiots throw 2 cents in where it is not wanted.
Lately i have been posting my reviews of cd's i heard recently and i think that's fine.
Anyways i have a lot of respect for many people on this board , espeically Rokkz , Zej , Starbreaker , ScottRice , MetalRider etc. , but the answer is easy - if you don't know the band - never heard the band - only heard 1 or 2 songs from a band - you can't possibly have formed an opinion from such little knowledge so STAY OUT OF THE THREAD!!
I am one of the coolest guys in the world to get along with in person and alot of us could probably go out and enjoy a killer Maiden show together - just lay off on bands you don't know about.
I have never been a flame-starter and only retort when necessary - but from now on you flamers will be ignored.
I say i have knocked them off thrones because that's where i believe they sat.
If i'm wrong then i'm wrong but i haven't seen any different.
I have also NEVER forced my opinions on anyone - you like what you like - but the respect factor might not be as high for some as it is others.
When i first came here i posted a thread entitled THE TRUTH ABOUT 90's METAL and i still stand by that first post. I don't agree with Popoff and it's a shame a guy like him is doing reviews.
I believe Metal should be popular again and not shafted in the underground. That's me...

Rock On brothers and if i haven't made any sense to you on this post - well i don't what to tell ya...

[This message has been edited by GODOF80S (edited 10-06-2000).]
Templar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 5:03 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

I'm curious as to exactly which board Deathtofalsemetal was hanging at that disallowed insults. The only one I've encountered him on so far is the "Disgruntled Metalheads" board at the Metal Rules! site. That board is filled with dumbass 14 year-olds calling each other names. I also ran into Night-Breed there and Iron Chef. It was hilarious -- their intelligent, well-reasoned comments (complete with proper grammar and correctly-spelled words) would suddenly pop up in the midst of all these retards calling each other "fag" and so forth -- it reminded me of the way shining golden nuggets of corn will stick out of a turd.

[This message has been edited by Templar (edited 10-06-2000).]
Depp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 5:04 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

Hmm, I really miss the great knowledge one could share with the good regulars of the board. MetalFilm always knew about my wierd swedish bands...

Does anyone know if he (and the others) post somewhere else ? Sure would like to be in a world without diablo and his brothers.

Drop me a line at joanyg-6@student.luth.se
edis0n

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 5:08 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

Depp, just e mailed ya
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 5:24 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

See what i mean - man it gets so phucking old.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: