HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daronas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 6:14 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

Templar, I have been checking out that board for awhile. You're right, that board is no different than any other. This one included. Don't even get me started on the administrators here, I think they know exactly how I feel about them. I seriously have to question their sensibilities at times. I'll surely admit to name calling and s.hit slinging on this board. I have said things that some individuals REALLY did not like. I have had my opinions totally and completely disagreed with. Hell, that's just part of having a free thinking mind. When all is said and done, there is noone I have come across on this board that I truly dislike. Maybe I'm more tolerant than others. One reason I still come here is I don't get the feeling that I'm totally disliked. I'll say this now. I miss some of the people that left. A few of us connected on levels beyond just the heavy metal aspect of this board. I have actually gotten quite personal about myself on here and was never slammed for it. To me that is cool as hell. There are/were some good down to earth people on this board with feelings and sentiments you don't find alot of places. Sometimes I have gotten sappy and sensitive and never been put down because there are/were emotional sensitive dudes on this board. S.hit, I'm 260lbs with long hair and tattoos, I have never been accused of being a p.ussy. I for one get tired of all the macho bulls.hit at times. I think it's a real shame how things went down here. And all the goddamn finger pointing and blaming is not going to solve one thing. Adults should be able to work things out. I would to see a reconciliation on this board. That would be the adult thing to do. I know I have probably offended some of you, particularly with my religious beliefs. I apologize for that right here and now. I think the way I do and you think the way you do, I did not mean to offend anyone on this board ever.

[This message has been edited by Daronas (edited 10-06-2000).]
Zej

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 6:39 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

GodOf80's:
I will respond to your post in order. Please remember I do it in all due respect.

Quote: "MartinPopoffSucks is my twin brother"

I'm sorry to say your twin has to grow up. You are at times aggressive, but are smart and know about music. He's just annoying. Does he share the same tastes in music as you? Or then, how does he know Martin Popoff sucks?

Quote: "I have never called anyone names for not liking what i like - i simply defend a particular band because i believe that person hasn't heard enough of that band to form an opinion"

One day someone said Bon Jovi sucked. You responded that if Jovi sucked, he blew. I'm sorry to say, but that was uncalled for. I understand when you say you're defending your bands--I back you 100% percent. But you can always do it in a much more elegant way (is metal elegant, BTW?) that does not resort to insults. Leave the swearing to the teenagers. You're better than that, my man.

Quote: "Metalfilm and Metal1 are probably knowledgable guys and i don't always agree with them but that's ok"

Cool. Stick to that mentality, but REALLY stick to it, and you'll see how everything works out fine.

Quote: "i guarantee you that whenever you look at past threads it is not me who starts throwing the shyte around first"

Even though I think this is half true I know that at times it is not you who starts. But haven't you thought that maybe when someone starts a discussion, you respond like it's a fight? Discuss, don't fight. The pen is mightier than the sword, the saying goes. It takes two to tango, as you like to say, and if you respond aggressively then it goes downhill. You're a smart guy so stick to responding smartly and in an educated fashion. Don't get all worked up and start mudslinging.

Quote: "I certainly haven't called anyone a fag for liking grunge"

Not directly, and maybe you've not called anyone a fag, but you've implied insult, and that's what some people don't like. I mean, I hate grunge as much as you. But, for example, you've called people "flannel wearing wankers". That's as much an offending generalization as "hair band posers" is. Don't you hate it when rockers are categorized as "hair bands"? Well, just because someone wears flannel does that make them wankers? Give them a break. It's a garment, that's all.

Quote: "When people say they like Grunge that's fine - but that person just lost some Brownie points with me - simple as that"

Why? What's so wrong about liking grunge? I repeat: I hate it too, but why would someone--as a person, as a human being with his or her own right to choose--lose points with you? What's the big deal? My little sister listens to Mandy Moore one day, Nirvana the next and Limp Bizkit a third. Do I love her any less?

Quote: "I only get riled up when idiots throw 2 cents in where it is not wanted."

Who decides when an opinion is not wanted? And whose opinion is not wanted--how can you discern? You can only know the difference of an "unwanted" opinion once it has been given. That means, then, that the opinion is different than yours. It may be different, but it cannot be unwanted. No one has the right to say an opinion is not wanted. Opinions may not be AGREED UPON, but that's another story.

Quote: "i have a lot of respect for many people on this board , espeically Rokkz , Zej , Starbreaker , ScottRice , MetalRider etc"}

Thank you. I respect you just as much.

Quote: "if you don't know the band - never heard the band - only heard 1 or 2 songs from a band - you can't possibly have formed an opinion"

Possibly. But by one song you can usually get a good idea about a band, at least enough to discuss that song.

Quote: "you can't possibly have formed an opinion from such little knowledge so STAY OUT OF THE THREAD!!"

Why? Whoever it is has as much right as you do you do to read, post and debate. If you don't agree learnt o disagree. I know you can, you've proved it many times.

Quote: "I say i have knocked them off thrones because that's where i believe they sat."

You're alone on that belief. No one here acted as if he/she ruled. Some people just have more time here and feel more comfortable. If you feel that now you're on a throne you've the wrong idea about this place.

Quote: "I have also NEVER forced my opinions on anyone - you like what you like"

First off--yes you have. I'm sorry, but the way you imply that Winger haters are not true metal fans (you never said it that way but it's a close call) is one. I'm sorry, but maybe you just never saw it that way.

Quote: "but the respect factor might not be as high for some as it is others"

Why? Can't you respect someone the same if he or she likes something or other? In the end, WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS, for crying out loud.

Quote: "I don't agree with Popoff and it's a shame a guy like him is doing reviews."

If you disagree great. Is it a shame? I dunno. But it's his job, and reviews are, after all, opinions, a perspective, a point of view, and are SUBJECTIVE. Leave him be. It's his job. Just like you don't enjoy people thrashing on Bon Jovi, he probably does not enjoy you're attacks. However, intelligent responses that may be against his reviews are probably welcome by any reviewer. He or she may see the other side.

Quote: "I believe Metal should be popular again and not shafted in the underground"

I hear ya.

Quote: "See what i mean - man it gets so phucking old....."

What? Nobody said anything. No one even mentioned you, not even a hint. Templar is talking about some other place and Depp is agreeing. See what I mean that sometimes you get riled up over nothing?

You're a good guy GO8. Don't let your passions rule your behavior.
Metal1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 8:43 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

Wow, I guess my post hit a nerve! I didn't really expect so many responses. Zej, very nice points. I've tried in the past to make them, but it never worked sadly. G80's, I tried a million times to stop all the arguing, but, since it always ended in more flaming, we all just said screw it and moved on to another venue. I still like to come on here, mostly for the news, and I check out what people are posting out of curiousity. I just made this thread to point out how it seems to have gotten really quiet on this board. As you know, most of us left.

Its just funny. You don't seem to make many posts unless there's a fight involved. Now that everyone left, you had noone to fight with. Kinda like a fire with no oxygen, you got extinguished.

I still hope you listen to what Zej posted back there, he's right on the money. And I'm still amazed how you say we disagree, I like the same music you like. We agreed about that whole gun thing, I actually praised you for your view, which you ignored. The only thing we disagree about is when you start in with the insults. Its just silly. You say "It's so old..." your right, it is.

I made this thread as a bit of a barb, I admit it. But will also say its the only time I've done it. And, quite simply, I did it to prove a point. 30 responses tell me the point is valid. I really hope you, your twin, and your other twin really read what people are saying here. For your sake more than ours, were having a perfectly good time elsewhere.

Up the Irons!
MetalRider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 10:59 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

Zej, two words. Thank you.
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 11:09 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

Ok, I'm breaking my non-post rule here for one second. Having set up my tent in other camps for now, I have noticed one glaring difference between this board and others.

At other boards where I am now spending my time, the MODERATORS actually have some respect for the "regulars"!!! People like Godof80s are not allowed to exist at other boards. Ideas are not censored, but disruptive and idiotic behavior is not tolerated. I think the exodus from here was spurned not so much by Godof80s obnoxious attitude, but by the actions (or more appropriately, NON-ACTION) of our "moderator."

I have always enjoyed to opportunity to jaw with the likes of MetalFilm, Spirit, Heather, Lurch, NightBreed, Metal1 and others. I still do it, but unfortunately we are forced to do it on other boards.

It's too bad Nitro and a few other members of the posse have not yet followed.

But, as to all this, as NightBreed so aptly stated, what's the point?
AssaultAttack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 11:27 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

I may be following soon....more out of boredom than anything else.
AssaultAttack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 7:07 am    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

Very eloquent Zej!

Thanks
billcar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 12:48 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

Zej: Your posts are well written and just plain excellent. Gracias. BTW, I don't believe I have responded to one of your threads before....so, nice to meet you!
Zej

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 2:33 pm    Post subject: hmm, Board's slowed down a bit, huh? Reply with quote

Metal1, MetlRider, AssaultAttack and billcar:

Thanks. I appreciate your comments. Let's hope GO8 does too (that is, if he is able to retain his moniker).

And, most importantly, let's hope the trolls of this place, such as Nitro4040, ScottRice and MPS, DO see that there IS a way to express oneself with resorting to stupidity.

[This message has been edited by Zej (edited 10-09-2000).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: