HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VERY COOL!! READ THIS IF YOU DOWNLOAD MUSIC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: VERY COOL!! READ THIS IF YOU DOWNLOAD MUSIC Reply with quote

I wanted to create a way that all of us could share our music seemlessly. AND I HAVE FOUND THAT WAY.
You need to have audiogalaxy. If you don't, download the client at Audiogalaxy.com. I created a group called "hardradio" Everyone that joins the group can send different songs to either the whole group or individual members of that group.
To join:
Go up to the pull down menu on your satellite page that says "jump to." Scroll down to groups and click on it. Then click on "search for groups by name" and click on that. Then click on hardradio and ask to join. I will accept you, and then you will be able to start recieving files that the group adds, as well as send your own. You can even send messages to the group or each other along with it.
If we can get some people together doing this, I think it will really enrich all of us!
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: VERY COOL!! READ THIS IF YOU DOWNLOAD MUSIC Reply with quote

This is very cool, but you should be aware that AudioGalaxy uses AdWare. AdWare reports on your internet usage. Beyond that, I have heard horror stories of peope trying to uninstall AudioGalaxy, and because of the way that AdWare inbeds itself into the OS, they have actually had to reinstall Windows. Procede with caution.

GZ
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: VERY COOL!! READ THIS IF YOU DOWNLOAD MUSIC Reply with quote

That doesn't bother me too much. I don't let it discourage me from using these services. there are a lot of sites and services that track your activity, you can't get away from it. Plus, AG is the best I have ever seen for metal.
That being said, I use a proxy server and have anti spyware installed for whatever that's worth.
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: VERY COOL!! READ THIS IF YOU DOWNLOAD MUSIC Reply with quote

Jgunnz.....can you change the group name? You may be aware that the riaa is trying to put all webcasters out of business, and had, and continue to have considerable confusion over streaming audio and downloading music files. We don't condone any type of piracy as noted in our BBS rules and forum use policy.

As HardRadio was one of the first sites to do battle with the riaa going back to 1996, I don't want to give them any reason to think that the use of our "hardradio" trademark (federal registration number 2495927) in a music sharing setup was/is created and condoned by us.

Thanks.
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: VERY COOL!! READ THIS IF YOU DOWNLOAD MUSIC Reply with quote

Okay, I sent them an email saying to change it to JGUNS PRESENTS HARD RADIO. Hopefully, they will change it. Until then, you will still find it under the original name.
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: VERY COOL!! READ THIS IF YOU DOWNLOAD MUSIC Reply with quote

Adware, or "spyware" can be removed from your computer quite easily... there is a free software called AdAware by a company named Lavasoft. It will remove all spyware and "adware" from your computer and also clean out unwanted "cookies" from your system. I run AdAware on my computers once a week and always find some new crap that has been secretly installed on my system (from installing other programs). Click the link below to goto the site and get AdAware for yourself... it's free and it kicks A$$.

[url=http://www.lsfileserv.com/index.html]http://www.lsfileserv.com/in dex.html[/url]

Rokken On,
...(_E\/|/\TH/\N
Very'eavy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:16 am    Post subject: VERY COOL!! READ THIS IF YOU DOWNLOAD MUSIC Reply with quote

Just agreeing with [b]Lev[/b]. I couldn't live without AdAware, as I download and try programs very often. 'Another program?', as my wife use to say, with a certain tone in her voice. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

But I always throw out programs, that put Adwares on my computer. So, I had AG and then took it away again. But I'll maybe reconsider, and install it again, then run AdAware and then finally joins 'JGUNS PRESENTS HARD RADIO'. But first in next week or some time after that, as I'll unpack my new computer then. We are moving, so I let it be in it's boxes, as I got it just three weeks ago. The only problem now, is when Telia will give me my ADSL. I did tell them of my new number four weeks ago, which I got from another part of Telia, but they couldn't decide any date for my reinstallment on the Net, until I had moved. [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

But that's how Telia are, it was better when it was Televerket! [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] A comment for all Swedes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: