HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts on some recent downloads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:59 am    Post subject: Thoughts on some recent downloads Reply with quote

Jorn, _Worldchanger_
I've praised this album plenty recently. Hey, it even cracked last year's top 10 (in retrospect, of course...but half of my top 10s through the years are in retrospect).
Buying it? Already ordered.

Mudanus Imperium, ?
Earlier Jorn project, sounding kinda like Bal-Sagoth with real singing. Not as cool as it might sound, but maybe with musicians of Bal-Sagoth's caliber, maybe. We may never know...
Buying it? Maybe one day.

Elvenking, _Heathenreel_
I've also praised this one mightily recently.
Buying it? Already ordered.

Evergrey, _Solitude, Dominance, Tragedy_ and _The Dark Discovery_
These albums are kind of interchangeable, stylistically speaking, so even after a good half-dozen listens each, I'm not hearing much of a difference. That's kind of a good thing though, because Evergrey rules at this.
Buying them? As soon as I find 'em.

Hollenthon, _Domus Mundi_
I don't remember what I heard about Hollenthon's first album, but I was expecting something radically different from the followup. This isn't, not really...but it's damn near as good, and even makes good use of bagpipes (which are so, so easy to misuse).
Buying it? When I find it.

Thyrfing, _Valdr Galga_
Thyrfing is a neat Viking-style band with a little bit of Bal-Sagoth in them. Good, fun album here, not too terribly different than _Urkraft_, though without so many clean vocals.
Buying it? Eventually. It's on the list, but it's not that high on it.
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:05 am    Post subject: Thoughts on some recent downloads Reply with quote

Have you downloaded anything from the new Borknagar? I think that you would really like that one too! Give it a try. Unless you already have or don't like Borknagar. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
General Zod

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:32 am    Post subject: Thoughts on some recent downloads Reply with quote

SDT is an excellent CD. I just bought the "Dark Discovery" but have yet to spin it (I've been buying way too many discs lately).

You can get both at:

[url=http://www.lasercd.com/default.asp]The Laser's Edge[/url]

GZ
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on some recent downloads Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by THRASHCRAZED:
Have you downloaded anything from the new Borknagar? I think that you would really like that one too! Give it a try. Unless you already have or don't like Borknagar. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Already got the Borknagar - I'd ordered it from The End a couple of months before it was released over here. Cooooool stuff. (in semi-related news, Vintersorg's more folk-based project Otyg, which has two albums out, has been put to sleep)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: