HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAIDEN'S ROCK IN RIO KICKS ASS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAIDENFAN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: MAIDEN'S ROCK IN RIO KICKS ASS! Reply with quote

I have been a maiden fan since the first time i ever listened to life after death in 1986. Ever since then i have always went out and bought maiden's new cd as soon as it is released. Although i like all maiden some cd's i like more then others. But i can honestly say that when i listened to rock in rio for the first time, it brought back the same kind of good feelings i had way back in 1986 when i first listened to life after death. Folks 15 years later maiden stills rocks harder than ever. If u use to be a maiden fan but kinda grew out of them or was kinda disappointed with some of the newer stuff-- please go out and buy rock in rio- u WILL NOT be dissapointed! This cd shreds! I would write more but i think i need to go to the doctor now because my ass has been serverly kicked from listening to this great masterpiece!
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: MAIDEN'S ROCK IN RIO KICKS ASS! Reply with quote

Its a solid release. Highlights include Clansman, Trooper, Sign of the Cross and The Evil That Men Do.
live4metal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: MAIDEN'S ROCK IN RIO KICKS ASS! Reply with quote

Indeed this is a classic Maiden release!They sound so fresh and renewed to the cause that it boggles the mind that a band can still have this fire 20 years on.Not only did we fans benefit from Bruces departure with his awesome solo offerings,but his time away from Maiden seems to have had a positive effect on the whole band,like the previos post said,no more going through the motions,ala A Real Live Dead One,but an a$$ kicking romp through some of the best metal trax ever written!I love Bruce's renditions of Sign Of The Cross & The Clansmen,and the three guitars make for a fuller sound 4sure.Yes Iron Maiden are still one of the best live acts in the world.Don't miss this one..Interesting tid bit,as soon as I unwrapped it and through it in my Sony Xplode the track names appeared on the LED, pretty cool little feature.
Paul G

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: MAIDEN'S ROCK IN RIO KICKS ASS! Reply with quote

I'm listening to it right now and goddamn it is ****ing excellent. What makes this one special is that it truly sounds "LIVE", the mix is impeccable and Harris' bass actually sounds like one instead of that clackety clack sound he's had in the past. Rio is almost bringing a tear to my eye, absolutely beautiful. The performances by everyone are tight and the intent is definately there, no going thru the motions here, they have 200,000 people in tow and they went for the kill, mission accomplished. Over time this one may end up challenging Live After Death, it's that good imo. The DVD should be spectacular.
wfo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:51 pm    Post subject: MAIDEN'S ROCK IN RIO KICKS ASS! Reply with quote

The sound quality is definitely alot better than Live At Donnington and A Real Live Dead One.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: