HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitar solo anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Subtraction

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:48 am    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

ok, I think the threats are going a little too far here.....you guys need to cool it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

Sorry Subtraction, not a chance.

This is real. This is not some little flame war. I am very serious about finding SammyBoy.

This board is home to you guys, not me, so I apologize for the flames. But, I will never back off of Buzzcut Sam. Not until I've bent him over and made him my bitch.
Stark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:48 am    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

Hey Mikel, let me know if you recording anything in a proper studio. Even if I wasn't too much into the song you posted, I presume you have some heavier material that might be more appealing. When you state that the guitarist was intoxicated, he might actually be more interesting in a studio-situation. Like I said, I like his tone and he's got talent.
carb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:23 am    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

Whats up Stark, actually we do have some stuff recorded in a great studio. Most of it is pretty commercial-radio friendly, and i don't think that too many people here will like it, but ya never know. Here is one of our heavier songs. [url=http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/1753/1753408.html]"BREAKDOWN" [/url]

quote:
Originally posted by Stark:
Hey Mikel, let me know if you recording anything in a proper studio. Even if I wasn't too much into the song you posted, I presume you have some heavier material that might be more appealing. When you state that the guitarist was intoxicated, he might actually be more interesting in a studio-situation. Like I said, I like his tone and he's got talent.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 7:29 am    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rockangel:
quote:
Originally posted by POWERMETAL&AOR:
I will NEVER show you lameasses ANYTHING i write.

2) You want PROOF of my talent? Come to where i work and i'll show you how much i kick ass at what i do.

Like I've said before, you won't show it because your a second rate hack and everyone here will know it if you showed us anything. It's either that or you really can't write your own stuff. At least Mikel has the balls to put his stuff out there. So in that at least you don't come close to him or his band. Trashing him like you did is not constructive for someone who has made the claim to "support metal."

Mikel, I also keep going to your site, any word on when you guys will have it up. I like to check out the "band history" one new bands if I can. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] will you be putting one up?

#1 - that band was far from 'metal'. So get that straight. God - how many times are you gonna be wrong?

#2 - If you doubt my talent then why don't you ask Ronny and TT over at the MEBB how well i play considering they came and saw me last Friday.

3# - My original music DESTROYS this particular song.
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikel:
[QB]I was gonna come back and rip you for every word and sentence you said here, but I thought that would be resorting to your hatred and negativity."

No that would be 'not handling criticism'.

"So instead I'm just gonna say this-

1. I'm not raving about how badass "I" am."

So why rave about how 'badass' your guitar player is??

"Mainly because this isn't me playing the solo, its a good friend of mine and I am really proud of his guitar skills and I wanted to share and see what other people thought."

And i gave you an honest answer.

" Maybe it should have been a question for you to ask before making false assumptions."

Big deal - thats not the point.

"2. No one else seems to think that the song "totally sucks" other than you"

..and like 3 other people heard it. Can you not handle the truth?

", seems to me that you might be a bit jealous."

Of a shitty song with terrible 'vanilla' vocals and no hook??
uhhhh....NO

"But, first I'm gonna recognize your "record deals", so you can't hopelessly use that against me on this statement. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] "

Another 'can't handle the truth' statement.

"How's that for 2 cents coming from someone who doesn't have an ego the size of Texas?"

You obviously do , otherwise you could handle the criticism....typical American.
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 7:38 am    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:
[QB], I'm getting the feeling that it's pretty widely accepted that the Warner deal (oh boy! Corporate mainstream garbage!),

Thats why the majority of European metal bands are published through Warner right??

You DUMBASS.

"the 6000 CD's, the third biggest show in Vegas, and yeah, probably even the wife and baby (personally, I'd be shocked if he were any older than 14)"

28 -thanks and I'd be surprised if you didn't have some Freddie Mercury tendencies there champ.
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 7:40 am    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:
To be perfectly honest, I'm instantly suspicious of any hr/hm song I could probably play easily enough on the first run through. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] So no, this isn't my bag.

But, song-wise, it'd be acceptable with some (much-needed) trimming, though not something I personally would buy. Might be something I'd recommend to more rock-radio-oriented friends, though. Vocals are fine, and the guitar solo, while needing work, ain't half bad and yes, I do appreciate the fact that it's there and it's that long, in a corner of the genre that doesn't have a lot of that these days.

That's Tyranno's opinion and Tyranno's stickin' to it

And that just about sums you up.

No taste.
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 7:41 am    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Night-Breed:
Sorry Subtraction, not a chance.

This is real. This is not some little flame war. I am very serious about finding SammyBoy.

This board is home to you guys, not me, so I apologize for the flames. But, I will never back off of Buzzcut Sam. Not until I've bent him over and made him my bitch.

Dude - give it a rest you homo.
You're such a tough guy behind the screen but you won't even face me in person.
COWARD.
ANYTIME ANYPLACE.
At least MP's know how to take a whoopin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: