HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitar solo anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockangel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by POWERMETAL&AOR:
Now THATS VERY closed-minded Mikel.

I have plenty of music at MP3.com but i'll NEVER reveal its identity to people at THIS board.

So yet again we should just take your word for it? Yeah right Sam. It must really be bad for you to be that scared of a negative comment from us. You already think w don't know crap about whats good music so what are you afraid of?

Posted by PMS to Mikel:
"You obviously do , otherwise you could handle the criticism....typical American."

It starting to look more like your the one who can't face the criticism Sam. If your music is SO good what are you afraid of?
carb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

Maybe if you had one positive thing to say about anything other than your music, i might not have to think that way.

quote:
Originally posted by POWERMETAL&AOR:
Now THATS VERY closed-minded Mikel.

I have plenty of music at MP3.com but i'll NEVER reveal its identity to people at THIS board.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

battaa batta baaaaaaatttaaa batta batta

............SSWINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yall are killing me over here!! LOL
[img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

.............(_E\/|/\TH/\N
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

LIAR LIAR LIAR,like I said before hes just a troll like the one you see in chatrooms,dishing out the b.s. until we all drown in it.everyone does have a right to their opinion but there is a fine line between opinion and all out lying..
1.who is that80s guys.marillionfan,PMOAR?
to ashamed after all the lying to tell us
2. so called Warner/chappel contract
well that was a useless revelation since we
know of nothing he has done
3.MP3.COM so there are songs by you there but
this again is another useless revelation refer to #2
4. boasts never paying over 4 bucks a cd and has 6000+ well I guess this is none of OUR concern THEN QUIT BRINGING THIS UP.
5.you give powermetal a bad name.................................................................. ..........................................
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

It does however [b]amaze[/b] me that the original post was for an opinion on "mikel's" 80's style guitar solo....and ends up giving the guy you don't like the "spotlight" again. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

back to mikel
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

sorry scorchin.it made me feel better at least I dont call names....
Rockangel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

Yeah I know. But I have in the last 2 days hit Mikels site 3 times and his mp3 page twice. And given the kudos I think he had coming. He knows they need polish.Aside from that I never claimed to BE a musician, so I leave that feedback to the guys here who can give it.

And I am sorry Scorchin. You know over the past year I've been very good about keeping it shut about him. But his first comment to a new guy looking for constructive feedback was foul! I'm sick of reading him trash guys who are making a real effort and sharing their work when he won't.

His old put up or shut up line. He doesn't live by his own word.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

Let me just say this, and you all can take it for whatever it's worth and apply it where needed: I won't make any claims here b/c I don't see the point and it only ends up coming off ridiculous anyway. Let me only say that I've been around the block a bit myself as a musician and artist. After 18 years of playing guitar, if there is one thing I have learned it's that you are never as good as you think you are as there is always someone around the corner who can shred your a$$. Making boastful claims and being a loudmouth only cheapens one's self as a musician and especially as a person. Whenever I meet a guitarist that I don't think is very good I believe that there is always something postive even where there seems to be nothing. A little humility and encouragement goes a long way. Just as when I meet someone that I find impressive I am very put off if they have a haughty attitude. It's just not cool. I've known a few really incredible guitar players, some were jerks and some were very nice people. To me anyway, it's important to be a good musician but much more important to inspire others to be good musicians themselves. What comes around goes around...bad karma...whatever you want to call it. Why be a blight when you can be a positive influence to someone? There is enough negative in the world and up and coming musicians have plenty of obsticles as it is. That's all I have to say.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 9:10 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

Well said Mijarra! As I told Mikel, Kind words and encouragement cost nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: