HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitar solo anyone?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:39 am    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

If anyone wants to check out a badass 80's style guitar solo check out this song! [url=http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2147/2147526.html]Enemy[/url] It's a long song, but just wait for the solo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:35 am    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

Well... i don't know who you guys are but i just listened to the whole song and the song is garbage , the vocals totally suck. The guy obviously has no soul and no range.

It's like a 4th rate Staind.

The mix is terrible.

As far as the guitar solo goes - that was the only thing half-decent. Tone is good but note selection was fairly weak and it sounded as if you were constantly searching for notes. All those sweeps totally did NOT fit the song. Nothing memorable. My brother would tear your ass up on guitar.

Certainly NOT a 'badass' solo and it didn't help that the song completely sucked.

Think NOTE selection before raving about how badass you THINK you are.

How's that for 2 cents coming from a pro musician/writer who has a 4 year publishing deal with Warner/Chappell.
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

could we be a little more pretentious...?
Mijarra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

While I'm not a professionl musician under contract...best my bands ever did was all the free beer we could drink...and I have no intentions of tearing anyones a$$ up, niether figuratively nor literally, but I did think it was a decent song. The solo seemed largely improvised, and it was live, so it's understandable to me that some odd notes would be landed on. Not bad. At least someone out there is still trying to shred.
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

But shredding a solo in a ballad is like farting in a spacesuit.
Stark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:32 am    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

I'm afraid I partly have to agree with PM&AOR. Sounds like a band trying to ride the nu-metal wave, with the exception of a long guitar-solo. Technically the guitarist is pretty good and I do like his tone, but as for feel and precision... nope. Lots of bum-notes and a case of trying to show off in a song where it doesn't really fit. Pretty boring song, too, I'm afraid, kept me interested for 20 seconds then I went to the solo. Sorry, but it's my honest opinion.
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by POWERMETAL&AOR:
How's that for 2 cents coming from a pro musician/writer who has a 4 year publishing deal with Warner/Chappell.

As always, an opinion offered with a generous dose of bullshit attached to it.

Pompous little prick.
Lars37

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by POWERMETAL&AOR:
2 cents coming from a 4 year publishing deal with Warner/Chappell.

And Warner STILL spent too much!
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Guitar solo anyone? Reply with quote

well then why dont you give us a list of your accomplishments...written works or links to sound recordings unless you are blowing smoke up our collective asses here...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: