HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

whats wrong with tallica
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unforgiven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:12 am    Post subject: whats wrong with tallica Reply with quote

Im new to the board and from what i can see you all seem to be anti-metallica what the hell?
the current best metal band in the world dont tell me its cause of load [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]
THE_HELLION

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:34 am    Post subject: whats wrong with tallica Reply with quote

Well I hate them because they are going to do some shit with a rapper next..
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:21 am    Post subject: whats wrong with tallica Reply with quote

I don't dislike Metallica but I understand why they have generated so much resentment. Be it changing their sound (Black, Load, Reload), Napster, 5 years between albums, airing out their personal problems (James Newsted quitting)and now the Ja Rule (?) gimmick, the old fans are fed up.

The best reason however is that there is so much more to metal than "tallica" but the mainstream media refuses to acknowledge or play it.
Ungodly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:00 am    Post subject: whats wrong with tallica Reply with quote

I'm not anti-metallica, I'm anti-a$$hole. I remember back in the day when Metallica were real nice guys and REALLY cared about the fans. I think they are now powertrippers and are strictly money hungry.

I think the whole napster thing was a joke. The only reason Metallica didn't want anybody to download their new music is because they were afraid people would hear how much it sucked and wouldn't buy the cd. How many free demos do you think they sent to people trying to get discovered and that didn't bother them.

I used to be a hard core Metallica fan and I have a problem with people who call themselves true fans when they have only heard Black, Load and Reload. I think most TRUE Metallica fans are like myself and feel let down because I think that Metallica is obviuosly (or Hopefully) more talented than "Ain't My Bitch" which is not only a cheesy song but it has to be one of the cheesiest songs I've ever heard in my life..

Kill, Lightning and Puppets are so different compared to the new stuff I have to wonder if the guys went for the money or ran out of true talent. There is to significant of a musical change from Justice to Black. I like Black but I feel that Justice was the last true Heavy Metal CD that Metallica put out.

They are washed up and need to quit unless they return to their true form because when all the fly by night fans that lump Metallica and Limp Bizkit in the same catagory are gone it is the true fans that will sustain them.

This is just my opinion.
unforgiven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: whats wrong with tallica Reply with quote

ah come on guys load and reload were grand albums they were a break for the guys and everyone is pissed of over the ja rule thing but thats only hammet giving him a riff
so if slash and van halen can work for micheal jackson and if Ozzy can tour with ****ing nu-metal bands then i can forgive them this once and load has some very heavy songs like outlaw thorn and besides they have said that the next album is gonna be f*%$ing brutal.
[img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
and where i believe there was no better than puppets heres hoping
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: whats wrong with tallica Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by unforgiven:
Im new to the board and from what i can see you all seem to be anti-metallica what the hell?

I think your assessment of the board's general opinion of Metallica is accurate. In my eyes, they sold-out with "The Black Album". Since that album, they have continued along a path paved by the almighty dollar. Beyond that, their music has grown worse and worse with each subsequent release. It also doesn't help that Lars is the biggest jackass on the planet.

quote:
the current best metal band in the world dont tell me its cause of load [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Personally, I no longer consider Mettalica to be a Metal band. I would say they have drifted into the genre of Hard Rock. Regardless, I can think of at least 100 or so Metal bands that are infinitely better than Metallica.

GZ
AZRock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:19 am    Post subject: whats wrong with tallica Reply with quote

quote:
...they have said that the next album is gonna be f*%$ing brutal.

F-ing brutal for them these days would be covers of Brittany Spears tracks.

They worship the dollar these days. It used to be all about metal and the fans. Now it's all about Lars' enormous ego and the almighty dollar. Screw the fans and real metal.

I agree with GZ. There are hundreds of better metal bands than Metallica these days.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: whats wrong with tallica Reply with quote

Oh, I wouldn't say Metallica is *hard* rock these days - that they're widely considered that, goes to show just how wussified rock in general has become (thank you, Pearl Jam and Matchbox 20).

As for my stance on Metallica...I don't really care about the Napster thing, as it was inevitable that somebody would've been put up to it (what, you think it was the band's idea?), I don't care about their evolving, ever-wimpier sound (lots of bands mellow out with class).

It's just...five years between albums, and they're full of very generic rock, the kind of stuff just about anybody could've written. Myself, I really liked the Black Album, despite its many problems - it might not stack up to the previous 3 albums, but I'll take it any day over _Kill 'Em All_, heh.

They just strike me as a band which has become amazingly lazy, creatively speaking. Five years to come out with _Load_. I can't imagine why this should've taken half a decade. Then _Re-Load_ came out, and it was just composed of songs written during the _Load_ sessions that weren't good enough to make it on to _Load_. Then they put out a bunch of cover songs - some of them admittedly very good - then, the year after, they put out two new songs on the _S&M_ disc. And a year after that, one more song on a soundtrack. So that's 3 new songs in the past five years, and to get them, you'd have to buy a soundtrack and a double-priced double album. And in recent years they've been on a "break", because they worked soooo hard putting out an album of covers and a live album.

I don't like this band anymore because they bore me, and I don't really respect them, because it seems blindingly obvious that they've gotten lazy, more corporate than anybody ever thought they would, and so far as rock stars go, they've been pretty disappointing.

And collaborating with a rapper doesn't help.

Still, their glory days were glorious. Listening to their classics again these days, I can't help but be moved and amazed at their strength - so nothing they're doing (or not doing) these days is affecting my appreciation of the old stuff.
Desslar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: whats wrong with tallica Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
[QUOTE]Regardless, I can think of at least 100 or so Metal bands that are infinitely better than Metallica.

GZ

I'm not going to make you list them all, but surely this is overstating the point. I can hardly even imagine a list of 100 really good heavy metal bands, let alone 100 better than Metallica. Sure they've slowed down now, but the old stuff hasn't gone away, even if their fire has.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: