HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butchman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

1. Steve Vai -- The Riddle

2. Dream Theater -- Voices

3. Sevendust -- Too Close to Hate
ZeroTolerance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 7:15 pm    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

lol...running the kenwood amp and cd through my 2 bv412 crate cabs with bv120 heads i gotta say cemetery gates sounds ****ing well like ur front row baby!!! lmao my neighbors luv me.....shit i had 2 edit 4got my 3 songs...well like i said cemetery gates #2 quiet riot, bang ur head...#3 judas priest turbo lover
Mijarra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by ZeroTolerance:
lol...running the kenwood amp and cd through my 2 bv412 crate cabs with bv120 heads i gotta say cemetery gates sounds ****ing well like ur front row baby!!! lmao my neighbors luv me.....shit i had 2 edit 4got my 3 songs...well like i said cemetery gates #2 quiet riot, bang ur head...#3 judas priest turbo lover

Dude! Are you saying you run your stereo through a 120 watt tube amp? Is this a good idea? I've run through solid state amps before but I don't think I'd be brave enough to try it through my tube amps.
ZeroTolerance

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:08 am    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

yes that would be dangerous running straight through...i have a linear amp that converts 2 solid state that acts like a bridge that i run through it to the cabs...got that from friend like 16 yrs go so when he did that with a bass amp through a regular boom box, sucker shook the whole apt i was like man wow! thats wicked killer... lol i was 17 then...not something i do all the time can be hard on the hardware...
YJMfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

Hard to pick just three and alot of good one have already been takin' but here goes my 3:

1. Yngwie - I'll See The Light Tonight
Could be my favorite song of all time!

2. Iron Maiden - Wasted Years
Coolest Guitar riff!

3. Dream Theatre - Pull Me Under
My current favorite band!
Templar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

I've seen some great choices here. Falcon, it's nice to see somebody else likes "Lady of the Valley" -- excellent song. My choices would be:

"Leper Messiah" - Metallica
"Creeping Death" - Metallica
"Sorry" - Suicidal Tendencies
Motorola

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

First off, I have agree with GZ that For Whom The Bell Tolls by Craptallica is an awesome song to crank it up with. I also agree with Ungodly that Ghosts Of War is one of the best Slayer songs, I just love to make my ears bleed with that one, Lombardo really makes that song special.

A few tunes that I like to blow people's heads off (including mine) with:

Heart Of Stone - Motorhead (a simple but brutal aural assault, Philthy Animal rules on this song, the second track on their 1982 Iron Fist effort).

Helpless - Craptallica (a great cover tune, from their last truly great record, The $5.98 EP - Garage Days Re-Revisited from 1987).

Hells Bells - AC/DC (pretty much all songs on this milestone album are great woofer-crackers).

There are so many more... Ahh, if the hearing wasn't so fragile....
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:34 pm    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

I could name 100's of songs that are only endured through high volumes when I hear them... but here's my 3...

Ratt - "Lay It Down" > I have always, and will always think this is the most rockin song there is! The beat, the guitars, the bass, and even the vox is very well put together in this song. I crank it to "just under distorted" on this song!

Dokken - "Kiss Of Death" > A heavy rocker that not only causes the volume to go up, but also has been known to cause me to pay a speeding ticket or 2! We all know that I love Dokken. If you don't, but you haven't heard this song, go download it or get the disc (Back For The Attack), this one is worth the effort.

Iced Earth - "Dracula" > Hands down, my favorite Iced Earth tune. I can, without a doubt, blow some speakers playing this one!

On another note... I downloaded every song listed here (that I didn't already have) and found lots of good stuff... thanks for posts like this! This is what its all about!!

Rokken On,
...(_E\/|/\TH/\N
Lionheart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

Cool topic.

1. Lion's Share - Baptism Of Fire

If there was a song that you could describe that would get your blood pumping, give you goosebumps, and leave you begging for more even after it's done, it would be this one.

2. DC Cooper - The Union

Very similar in effect to the above and maybe even more. This one has stunning tempo changes that are like a joyride. A treat everytime I hear it.

3. Iron Maiden - Killers

The haunting feel of the opening screams to the galloping riffs and monster bass lines just completely do it for me.

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: