HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here it Goes...A Rant On OZZY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: Here it Goes...A Rant On OZZY Reply with quote

I'm still reeling from the blow Ozzy struck to my wallet Tuesday.He has no more say over his career moves anymore 4Sure,cause if he was right in his head he never would have desicrated his 1st two legendary albums like this.Take a good listen and it is painfully obvious the masters have been hacked to $hit.The drums sound horrible,the bass licks are changed(4 GODS sake Truillo wrote differant bass lines all over the place)and say what he will Ozzy re did alot of the vocals.Man to me this is heresy! I burned the ultra rare U Lookin' At Me track and quickly rid my collection of those hidiously disfigured cds.Butchman,while Truillo is the better bass player he does not belong on Bliizzard or Diary because he was not apart of those sessions.And the drummer,he just can't hang,listen to how lame his snare work is on Little Dolls,4Shame! DO NOY BUY THESE! Buy the 95's if you want a remaster.Now Tribute is unchanged and sounds better than ever,so all was not lost in these reissues.As is the same with No More Tears,unchanged and better than ever with 2 bonus trax so don't be afraid of those.You know whose famous 4 releasing crap like this,Deadline records.They release $hit like best of L.A. Guns,Warrant,Great White & other bands but fail to tell U, the consumer that these are re-recordings of the trax listed and are not the originals.Total fraud! Don't be duped by this crap,I've never heard a band re-record its own material and said wow this is better than the original.Ozzy might as well let Zakk re-record Randy's parts too,he's dead and no longer relevent to the albums right?
darkwyche

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:06 am    Post subject: Here it Goes...A Rant On OZZY Reply with quote

I agree with you 100% bro'.
Long time OZZY fanatic here,
who is deeply saddened by this.
Still can't believe it...its like,
Don't they F**king realize what they have done.
They have defaced and counterfeited two classics.
These AREN'T the same records I grew up worshipping.

Shame on Sharon,AND on OZZY for going along with it.
poliszcz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 9:46 am    Post subject: Here it Goes...A Rant On OZZY Reply with quote

Ozzy and Sharon are becoming a disgrace. The MTV show is stupid and these remasters are the final blow. Although I have to disagree with Trujillo being a better bass player. Daisley wrote some killer bass lines on those recordings PLUS he helped Ozzy write lyrics. THe Daisley/Keerslake combo is legendary. Many bass player/drummers have tried to match their magic and have never even come close, including the Sarzo/Aldridge team. Daisley and Keerslake have as much to do with the magic of those first two records as Ozzy and Randy. Both of these guys where already well respected musicians by the time Ozzy asked them to help with the records and Daisley even continued to help all the way up to No More Tears. The whole thing is just ridiculous.

Trujillo and Bordin need to find somewhere else to create their legacy.
violentbreed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Here it Goes...A Rant On OZZY Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Micaria:
While I am new to this genre of music. I have been listening and reading and watching. The whole Osbournes show is a disgrace. For one, the thing wreaks of poor planning and two, yes we love Ozzy but we don't need to or want to see family squables. I think the only thing a lot of people would like to see is Ozzy divorce Sharon. That's about the only thing I could think of being a popular show involving the Osbournes. I don't know maybe I'm naive about this whole thing. But you're right it does stink.

Master tracks should NEVER be screwed with in anyway. If you don't like it sure rerecord it but don't mess with the originals, if anything those are a testament to the growth you've done as an artist... and they are priceless. This seriously sucks. I agree with all of you on this. If I have been out of line in anything that I have said, I am sorry. I may not know a lot on what I talk about, but I'm learning and I'm trying. Thank you for listening to me.

The consensus from my ingroup is that this is an outrage, none of us will be buying ANY of the re-issues. I personally am saddened by the pure greed of it all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Butchman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Here it Goes...A Rant On OZZY Reply with quote

I didn't say I liked the idea, I just said I wasn't opposed to it. I don't have these new cd's, nor will I get them. They will not sell very well, hell the remasters just came out a few years ago. Anyone who wants these CD's already owns them so its really no big deal. The radio isn't going to latch onto these new versions, and I highly doubt that they will play these changed versions live. I don't think Sharon is behind this one. This is out there, one of those outlandish ideas from a guy who sniffed ants and licked up piss off the ground. The guy is not all there and his antics are catching up to him. How much of a solid thinking pattern does he still have?

I won't get my panties in a bunch over this one. It's not blasphemous, just a bad decision. This too will pass nad be forgotten. The original is immortalized already.

I do wish I had the original versions produced with today's technology but that was just a wish list.

I never said Daisley sucked, I still think Trujillo is better though [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Horace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Here it Goes...A Rant On OZZY Reply with quote

Too true - the whole thing just STINKS.
Micaria

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:41 am    Post subject: Here it Goes...A Rant On OZZY Reply with quote

While I am new to this genre of music. I have been listening and reading and watching. The whole Osbournes show is a disgrace. For one, the thing wreaks of poor planning and two, yes we love Ozzy but we don't need to or want to see family squables. I think the only thing a lot of people would like to see is Ozzy divorce Sharon. That's about the only thing I could think of being a popular show involving the Osbournes. I don't know maybe I'm naive about this whole thing. But you're right it does stink.

Master tracks should NEVER be screwed with in anyway. If you don't like it sure rerecord it but don't mess with the originals, if anything those are a testament to the growth you've done as an artist... and they are priceless. This seriously sucks. I agree with all of you on this. If I have been out of line in anything that I have said, I am sorry. I may not know a lot on what I talk about, but I'm learning and I'm trying. Thank you for listening to me.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 7:06 am    Post subject: Here it Goes...A Rant On OZZY Reply with quote

I would have really like to see a boxed set released with all of Ozzy's b-sides,Japanese bonus tracks,soundtrack tunes,and ep's.It's amazing how much stuff he has out there. I have a bootleg called "The Secret Songs" which has a lot of them on there. I read somewhere that Ozzy recorded a duet with Kim Basinger(yes,the actress)for a Don Was album about ten years ago. Has anyone heard that song?
Nightofthecrime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:44 am    Post subject: Here it Goes...A Rant On OZZY Reply with quote

Yes. The song in question is called "Shake Your Head, Let's Go to Bed" and is available in two versions, one being more "Dance" than the other. It's a decent song but nothing special.

There's plenty of really awesome Ozzy material out there. The two songs he did with Bill Ward for Bill's first solo album are AWESOME! So is the cover of Stayin' Alive w/Dweezil Zappa, Buried ALive which is on a Rick Wakeman album, Shock the Monkey (Peter Gabriel tune) with Coal Chamber... the bonus tracks from the Ozzmosis sessions, there are 4 B-sides, plus Walk on Water and Back on Earth on soundtracks, they outdo almost everything that ended up on Ozzmosis...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: