HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

It seems we always have posts on here about favorite bands, favorite singers, favorite CDs, etc. However, I've never seen one on favorite songs. To that end, if you had to pick the three songs that most compell you to just crank your stereo, what would they be:

1. Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls". Granted, Lars turned out to be a total punk. But give the boy his props, the drums in that song just kill!

2. Motley Crue's "Knock'em Dead Kid". OK. In truth, the volume goes up to 10 when I begin to spin this disc. But in a perfect world, where all stereos go up to 11, this track would force the volume up a notch.

3. Iced Earth's "Dracula". I can't explain what it is about this track... uh OK, on second thought, I can explain it. Matthew Barlow. Matthew Barlow. Matthew Barlow. His voice starts off dripping with sadness and ends up dripping with blood (please forgive the overly Heavy Metal analogy).

GZ
Mijarra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

Cool topic!

Without putting too much thought into it:

1. Sepultura - Propaganda
2. Metallica - Dyers Eve
3. Anthrax - In my World

Those 3 never fail to get me all fired up and pissed off. If I was an NFL linebacker I would need to listen to those 3 songs before every game. [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
FALCON

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

I'm game, though breakin out three thrillers is tuff to quantify, (U stole my theme song btw, for whom the bell tolls, grrrr)

1. "Mr Tinkertrain", Ozzy from the NO More Tears sessions, just a rapid blast of bottled excitement that is beyond glory...

2. "Minute Man", from the heavy progmetallic blasts of Mercury Rising, enough deaf-defying hook that scalp a whale, it just blows up...
(had to add a bit of a sleeper, do not wake the giant)

3. "Ten Ton Hammer", Machine Head_More things Change, as much as I cannot tolerate this band today, this is a track that is to me about as grindcore meets metal as I will get, and the chorus just bellows...

I guess those are the three on my mind right now.
Ungodly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

quote:
1. Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls". Granted, Lars turned out to be a total punk. But give the boy his props, the drums in that song just kill!

I totally agree with this one. I think it is a true display of simplicity being the key to a song being so heavy. Straight forward beat, straight forward riff. A song doesn't have to be technical to be great.It makes you move!!!

quote:
2. Motley Crue's "Knock'em Dead Kid". OK. In truth, the volume goes up to 10 when I begin to spin this disc. But in a perfect world, where all stereos go up to 11, this track would force the volume up a notch.

I think this is a totally under rated song. "Knock'em Dead Kid" is IMO a very brutal song. The Crue at their best.

quote:
3. Anthrax - In my World

I play drums and this is one of my favs. to play. The lyrics to that song kick total ass.

This is an extremly tough decision. My 3 would be:

1.Back From The Grave: The Crown. This song is just relentless from begining to end. The music through the chorus has that gallup that gets me going.

2.Ghosts Of War: Slayer. Well what can I say, it's Slayer. I think this song is vastly overlooked by alot of people. Speedmetal at the begining and ending with the slow kick your mom in the face riffage. They actually throw in some decent solos but the last 20 seconds of this song ripps. Dave Lombardo really shows his stuff. Have no choice but to crank it up.

3.Seven Days: COC. I love this song. Slow groovy and great lyrics. Hell I could crank that whole Deliverance cd.

I could list alot more but these are the ones I couls think about at the moment.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:20 am    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

I couldn't tell you that right now, but recently I have been scouring my collection in search of the one song, yes, the one song I can honestly say is my favorite song. No idea what it'll be yet. But the list is getting smaller and smaller.
Stark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:57 am    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

Songs I always crank up to the max:

"Butterfly" by JACK IN THE BOX
"Dogman" by KING'S X
"Hole In The Sky" by BLACK SABBATH
Icarus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:25 am    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

[b]Helloween[/b]: [i]Where The Rain Grows[/i]
[b]Judas Priest[/b]: [i]Painkiller[/i]
(if I were 16 again it would be [i]Parental Guidance[/i] [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] )
[b]Metallica[/b]: [i]Disposable Heroes[/i]

Man, I love these threads mainly because it brings back memories of metal days of yore.
[img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

Songs that make me crank the stereo way past 11:

Yngwie Malmsteen: War To End All Wars. Just a rampaging sh*t-kicker of a song that forces me to turn up the volume every time.

Metallica: Blackened. Most people should have a Metallica song in here, their earlier stuff was brutal, and this is the one that one does it for me.

Dream Theater: The Glass Prison. A new song, but I love it, and when it kicks in, it REALLY kicks in. MUST be played very loud.

Not exactly my favourite songs, because they change frequently, but they always compell me to turn up that stereo!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 9:11 am    Post subject: 3 Songs for the Hearing Impaired Reply with quote

Wow! The Killer Song List.

I would have to go with:

1. Metallica - Seek & Destroy. this put into the thrash scene
2. Motorhead - Ace of Spades.
3. Slayer - Reign in Blood. Love the drum intro

That's what's going thru my mind at his moment and time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: