HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the best Iron Maiden live album?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desslar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: What's the best Iron Maiden live album? Reply with quote

Now that the fifth live album is upon us (Holy redundancy Batman!), where should those of us with limited funds spend our money? The only one I've heard is Live After Death, which is fantastic, even if the Long Beach remarks get a little tiresome. What do you think?
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:58 am    Post subject: What's the best Iron Maiden live album? Reply with quote

Maiden Japan got my vote. I'm not much into Live albums, but that one is just great. I think I actaully like Rock in Rio more than LAD. Though LAD does have the better cover.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:38 am    Post subject: What's the best Iron Maiden live album? Reply with quote

LAD! Nothing else compares.
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject: What's the best Iron Maiden live album? Reply with quote

Although I haven't picked up the new Rio disc, so I won't vote on that one. I'll choode Live after Death with Maiden Japan a close second.
I was kinda disappointed with A Real Live One and A Real Dead One.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: What's the best Iron Maiden live album? Reply with quote

I would definitely say LAD. That is a classic,marathon live album,and captured Maiden at their peak.I haven't finished listening to Rock In Rio yet,but I wish they put more songs on that they've never recorded live before.Oh well.
SGR_32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 1:13 pm    Post subject: What's the best Iron Maiden live album? Reply with quote

Dianno's always been my favorate, so yep you guessed it, Maiden in Japan is my favorate, followed by LOD, then a real dead one, although bruce's voice starts to suffer through this one,
havent heard the rest.
Templar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:46 pm    Post subject: What's the best Iron Maiden live album? Reply with quote

Haven't heard the latest one, so can't comment. [i]Live After Death[/i] is my pick, but I like Dickinson a lot better than DiAnno. I actually gave [i]A Real Live One[/i] and [i]A Real Dead One[/i] away -- they were very disappointing, and I'm a diehard Maiden fan.
JosephC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: What's the best Iron Maiden live album? Reply with quote

I honestly think Live After Death may be the best live metal album ever. Especially what it was at the time it was released. Double LP with 100 minutes of music. Beautiful gatefold package with an extra included booklet. Full lyrics and extensive live notes (very rare that this was included in a live album at that time). The selection of material was very good and the sound was excellent without sounding completely "studio." Outstanding effort and a classic to this very day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: