HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Aerosmith Article: The Emperor's New Clothes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject: New Aerosmith Article: The Emperor's New Clothes Reply with quote

[url=http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/rude_judas_on_aerosmith.htm]h ttp://www.classicrockrevisited.com/rude_judas_on_aerosmith.htm[/url]

Check out the latest article by Rude Judas at Classic Rock Revisited! It is f-ing hilarious!
The Dorf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: New Aerosmith Article: The Emperor's New Clothes Reply with quote

Wow, this dude doesn't mince any words, does he?

And yes Horace, I agree, too, too true.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:23 pm    Post subject: New Aerosmith Article: The Emperor's New Clothes Reply with quote

Yeah,I think its time for them to hang it up. Seeing guys over 50 trying to go pop is pathetic. Did anybody see that MTV Icons special for Aerosmith? I didn't see most of it,but I couldn't imagine that most of the artists that appeared were really fans or were influenced by them. Maybe Kid Rock,but Shakira? Sum 41? It seems like they just picked the most popular acts from their roster and asked them to appear. Oh,and is Steve Tyler starting to look like Joan Rivers or what?
metaldams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject: New Aerosmith Article: The Emperor's New Clothes Reply with quote

I saw the first hour of the Aerosmith Icon thing and most of it was a joke. You're correct, mostly popular acts. The only two sincere ones I saw were Kid Rock and Metallica. I am not a Kid Rock fan at all, but he definitely is a sincere rock and Aerosmith fan and pulled off a surprisingly good performance of "Last Child." Metallica went on stage and gave testimonials. VERY sincere sounding, and they truly seemed humbled to be up there. Lars's hands were shaking when reading his testimonial. They actually listened to Aerosmith growing up and were naming actual album tracks like Round And Round and Nobody's Fault, which IMO are Aerosmith's best songs, along with Kings and Queens. Most of the other people there probably only know Aerosmith from their MTV hits. Shakira butchered Dude Looks Like A Lady.
Horace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: New Aerosmith Article: The Emperor's New Clothes Reply with quote

Funny as hell, and too, too true.
JesseR72

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: New Aerosmith Article: The Emperor's New Clothes Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by metaldams:
I saw the first hour of the Aerosmith Icon thing and most of it was a joke. You're correct, mostly popular acts. The only two sincere ones I saw were Kid Rock and Metallica. I am not a Kid Rock fan at all, but he definitely is a sincere rock and Aerosmith fan and pulled off a surprisingly good performance of "Last Child." Metallica went on stage and gave testimonials. VERY sincere sounding, and they truly seemed humbled to be up there. Lars's hands were shaking when reading his testimonial. They actually listened to Aerosmith growing up and were naming actual album tracks like Round And Round and Nobody's Fault, which IMO are Aerosmith's best songs, along with Kings and Queens. Most of the other people there probably only know Aerosmith from their MTV hits. Shakira butchered Dude Looks Like A Lady.

I didn't see Metallica give testimonials, I just thought they were there to try to get phone numbers for Desmond Child and Diane Warren.
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject: New Aerosmith Article: The Emperor's New Clothes Reply with quote

I just wish that the guys in Aerosmith would find out about that article and read it.

They need a good slap in the face to let them know that they have become a joke.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 1:30 pm    Post subject: New Aerosmith Article: The Emperor's New Clothes Reply with quote

Oo! Oo! Can I give them the slap in the face?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: