HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Zod

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:55 am    Post subject: Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JosephC:
But I'll be rooting for them. Because Queensryche at their peak were a band that could not be touched by anyone! Rage for Order and Operation Mindcrime are two of the greatest albums released....EVER!

Agreed.

GZ
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 10:46 am    Post subject: Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche Reply with quote

Am I the only one who really liked Hear In The Now Frontier? I liked it a hell of a lot more than the bland Q2K or the uneven Promised Land.

I was never big on Kelly Gray in Queensryche, so I'm glad he's gone.

I'd love to hear a new Queensryche album that had elements of Rage For Order, Mindcrime, and Hear In The Now Frontier. That would be very cool.

I'm not sure what we [i]are[/i] going to get with the next Queensryche album - of course, NO-ONE knows what each successive QR album will sound like.... [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
General Zod

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by B5ERIK:
Am I the only one who really liked Hear In The Now Frontier?

Yes. No. Wait a minute. I think Geoff's mom liked it also. So there you have it, there were two of you who liked it.

quote:
I liked it a hell of a lot more than the bland Q2K or the uneven Promised Land.

Choosing between "Q2K" and "Hear in the New Frontier" is like choosing between ointment and suppository. "Promise Land", though a clear departure from the band's earlier work, had a lot of good things going for it.

quote:
I was never big on Kelly Gray in Queensryche, so I'm glad he's gone.

You and every other person who ever bought a QR CD.

quote:
I'd love to hear a new Queensryche album that had elements of Rage For Order, Mindcrime, and Hear In The Now Frontier. That would be very cool.

We'd all love to hear a new QR CD that had elements from "Rage" and "Mindcrime", but unfortunately, it aint gonna happen.

quote:
I'm not sure what we [i]are[/i] going to get with the next Queensryche album - of course, NO-ONE knows what each successive QR album will sound like.... [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Actually, I know exactly what we're going to get. We are going to get a disc, that is somewhere between pop and rock, with forgettable choruses, boring drumming, lame guitar work, and it will be sung by a singer whose voice is no more.

GZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: