HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The original sound of Seattle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 10:14 am    Post subject: The original sound of Seattle Reply with quote

I just finished listening to the first 4 [b]Queensryche[/b] releases and for their time between '83' and '86', this band had one of the most original sounds that I can imagine.
Everything from [i]Qeen of The Reich[/i] to [i]Eyes of A Stranger[/i] and all songs between are just great pieces of work.
regardless of some of their later releases, this band has a definitive place in metal history.
It's probably only a fantasy to think that they will come back and hit me with another [i]Rage for Order[/i] of [i]Warning[/i] but one can always hope.

Just thought I'd share my feelings with everyone here.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: The original sound of Seattle Reply with quote

My favorite 'Ryche record by far was Operation:Mindcrime. The previous outings I thought were pretty good,but nothing special IMO aside from some standout tracks("Walk Through The Shadows"). I'd love to see another as good as Mindcrime.
JosephC

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 10:59 am    Post subject: The original sound of Seattle Reply with quote

And don't forget some of the other bands that came out of Seattle at around the same time:

-Sanctuary
-Fifth Angel
-Heir Apparent (the Metal Blade release "One Small Voice" is a criminally overlooked release!)

Lots of other great bands out of Seattle at around the same time. All of them played a distinctive cutting-edge type metal. But no question that Queensryche were the best of the bunch. Nonetheless, those other bands kicked ass too and definitely deserve the mention. All are worth checking out!
metaldams

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: The original sound of Seattle Reply with quote

Operation: Mindcrime to me is good, but overrated. However, I love Rage For Order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: