HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Favorite "Big Finish"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Your Favorite "Big Finish" Reply with quote

You know how some songs have a big,climactic ending? Of those types of songs,which are your favorites? Here's some of mine to get you started:

Iron Maiden-"Flight Of Icarus"(love that big scream at the end)

Iron Maiden-"Powerslave"

Metallica "The Call Of Ktulu"

So,what songs go out with a bang for you?
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Your Favorite "Big Finish" Reply with quote

Forbidden, "One Foot In Hell"
Forbidden, "Forbidden Evil"
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 6:51 am    Post subject: Your Favorite "Big Finish" Reply with quote

Ark's "Heal the Waters".

GZ
Horace

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: Your Favorite "Big Finish" Reply with quote

Sabbath's War Pigs - still love that cheesy "tape speed-up" effect at the end.
Desslar

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: Your Favorite "Big Finish" Reply with quote

Ugly Kid Joe - "Everything About You"
JesseR72

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: Your Favorite "Big Finish" Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Anyone like the ending to "Princess of the Dawn" by Accept? Wolf Hoffman said the band was running out of room on the record so they decided they would just end it suddenly and that maybe it would sound heavy just cutting off like it does. Some guy on the message board there said. "I like it. I sounds absolutely brutal."

I think it sucks, but I can't think of a specific good ending right now. Heading Out to the Highway. That's a good one.

On Accept "The Collection" they have a full length version of "Princess Of The Dawn" with a non-cut-off ending. Nothing real great, but certainly better than the ending we're all used to.

As for big finishes:
Lynyrd Skynyrd-Live version of "Free Bird" (Hey SOMEONE had to mention it!)
Metal Church-"Metal Church"
Helloween-"Keeper Of The Seven Keys"
The Space Lord

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Your Favorite "Big Finish" Reply with quote

I'm ambiguous to endings in songs. I like either the dramatic buildup that leads to the ending, an abrupt ending or the typical fade-out in a song, but some of my choices that come to mind here would be the following:

Metallica "The Call Of Ktulu"
Piledriver "Witch Hunt"
Judas Priest "Freewheel Burning"
Pat Travers "Snortin' Whiskey" and "Born Under A Bad Sign"
Savatage "By The Grace Of The Witch"
AC/DC "Whole Lotta Rosie"
Nuclear Assault "Brainwashed"
Nashville Pussy "Fried Chicken And Coffee"
Monster Magnet "Space Lord" (this is not favortism -- the fadeout has an eerie ambient feeling to it)
Jake

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Your Favorite "Big Finish" Reply with quote

Anyone like the ending to "Princess of the Dawn" by Accept? Wolf Hoffman said the band was running out of room on the record so they decided they would just end it suddenly and that maybe it would sound heavy just cutting off like it does. Some guy on the message board there said. "I like it. I sounds absolutely brutal."

I think it sucks, but I can't think of a specific good ending right now. Heading Out to the Highway. That's a good one.
choroiron666

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Your Favorite "Big Finish" Reply with quote

these are mine:
Maiden-Powerslave
Rush-2112
Rush-Cygnus x-1
Carnivore-Sex and Violence
Kiss-Rocket Ride
King Diamond-Victimized
Helloween-First time
Motorhead-Locomotive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: